#1024 follow up

Stefan Schmidt
Hello.

Just to let people know that we are still trying to figure more informations
about it.

I did some traces with a test tool called PCO2. Sadly we are not allowed to
distribute it so we have to do this tests. It's a windows tool and runs fine
unde wine. At least as long as you have a 32bit linux system.

To the traces. I did some and gave them to Dieter our GSM firmware expert. The
problem is that I seem not able to reproduce the #1024 with PCO2 running.

One reason may be, not verified yet, that the GSM does not enter the sleep mode
while sending informations to PCO2.

That is where we stuck atm. The send logs look fine and we need to find a way
getting more informations what happens in the firmware while still being able to
reproduce it.

regards
Stefan Schmidt

Re: #1024 follow up

Werner Almesberger
Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> I did some traces with a test tool called PCO2. Sadly we are not allowed to
> distribute it so we have to do this tests. It's a windows tool and runs fine
> unde wine. At least as long as you have a 32bit linux system.

I think it runs fine on 64 bit systems (that is, amd64) as well.
At least that's what I was using when I did my experiments with it.

Re: #1024 follow up

Stefan Schmidt
Hello.

On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 12:18, Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> > I did some traces with a test tool called PCO2. Sadly we are not allowed to
> > distribute it so we have to do this tests. It's a windows tool and runs fine
> > unde wine. At least as long as you have a 32bit linux system.
>
> I think it runs fine on 64 bit systems (that is, amd64) as well.

It does not here. Try it here und Debian AM64 with 64 bit kernel and userland it
fails to install already.

And for now I don't have the days to figure out all the details.

regards
Stefan Schmidt

Re: #1024 follow up

Wolfgang Spraul
Stefan,

> I did some traces with a test tool called PCO2. Sadly we are not
> allowed to
> distribute it so we have to do this tests. It's a windows tool and
> runs fine

I think we can give access to anyone who signs our NDA.
That would also give full access to all Openmoko-internal files, as an
added benefit.

Contact me directly for details.
Best Regards,
Wolfgang

On Dec 15, 2008, at 9:47 PM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Just to let people know that we are still trying to figure more
> informations
> about it.
>
> I did some traces with a test tool called PCO2. Sadly we are not
> allowed to
> distribute it so we have to do this tests. It's a windows tool and
> runs fine
> unde wine. At least as long as you have a 32bit linux system.
>
> To the traces. I did some and gave them to Dieter our GSM firmware
> expert. The
> problem is that I seem not able to reproduce the #1024 with PCO2
> running.
>
> One reason may be, not verified yet, that the GSM does not enter the
> sleep mode
> while sending informations to PCO2.
>
> That is where we stuck atm. The send logs look fine and we need to
> find a way
> getting more informations what happens in the firmware while still
> being able to
> reproduce it.
>
> regards
> Stefan Schmidt

Re: #1024 follow up

Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> It does not here. Try it here und Debian AM64 with 64 bit kernel and
> userland it fails to install already.

Hmm, Q6600 with 2.6.25 SMP x86_64 kernel here, Ubuntu 8.04.

> And for now I don't have the days to figure out all the details.

Okay, so it may be one of those cases of "sometimes it works,
sometimes it doesn't" :-)