AUX button lock

Davide
I have recently flashed new testing. I have to say I'm IMPRESSED!

I could for the first time since my FDOM incursion a long long time ago,
connect to my WAP2 Wifi AP with mofi.
I could use GPRS after editing a file - I hope it will be editable from
shr-settings soon.
Scroll works ok -slow, but that's not SHR fault-, and all the othe wonders I
knew from SHR!

Thank you very much, boys. You're doing a very very good job :)

I only have a little complain: AUX button no longer locks screen. Is it a bug
or a planned change?

--
David Garabana Barro
jabber & google talk ID: [hidden email]

Re: AUX button lock

George Brooke
On Saturday 18 April 2009 12:30:56 David Garabana Barro wrote:

> I have recently flashed new testing. I have to say I'm IMPRESSED!
>
> I could for the first time since my FDOM incursion a long long time ago,
> connect to my WAP2 Wifi AP with mofi.
> I could use GPRS after editing a file - I hope it will be editable from
> shr-settings soon.
> Scroll works ok -slow, but that's not SHR fault-, and all the othe wonders
> I knew from SHR!
>
> Thank you very much, boys. You're doing a very very good job :)
>
> I only have a little complain: AUX button no longer locks screen. Is it a
> bug or a planned change?
Ditto,
Really like the new testing but would like to have the AUX button lock the
screen again.

solar.george

Re: AUX button lock

Tom Hacohen
George,
Just look in the illume settings (wrench in the shelf) there's a section about key bindings which probably has something about locking on AUX press.

David,
Concerning slow scrolling, there are settings you can change that may help, look in the illume settings (wrench in the shelf) and try playing with the animations section and with the scrolling speed.

On Saturday 18 April 2009 13:09:45 Tom wrote:

> George,
> Just look in the illume settings (wrench in the shelf) there's a section
> about key bindings which probably has something about locking on AUX press.
>
> David,
> Concerning slow scrolling, there are settings you can change that may help,
> look in the illume settings (wrench in the shelf) and try playing with the
> animations section and with the scrolling speed.
>
> On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 3:00 PM, George Brooke
>
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
> > On Saturday 18 April 2009 12:30:56 David Garabana Barro wrote:
> > > I have recently flashed new testing. I have to say I'm IMPRESSED!
> > >
> > > I could for the first time since my FDOM incursion a long long time
> > > ago, connect to my WAP2 Wifi AP with mofi.
> > > I could use GPRS after editing a file - I hope it will be editable from
> > > shr-settings soon.
> > > Scroll works ok -slow, but that's not SHR fault-, and all the othe
> >
> > wonders
> >
> > > I knew from SHR!
> > >
> > > Thank you very much, boys. You're doing a very very good job :)
> > >
> > > I only have a little complain: AUX button no longer locks screen. Is it
> > > a bug or a planned change?
> >
> > Ditto,
> > Really like the new testing but would like to have the AUX button lock
> > the screen again.
> >
> > solar.george
Thanks, that works

solar.george

Re: AUX button lock

Davide
O Sábado, 18 de Abril de 2009, George Brooke escribiu:

> > > Ditto,
> > > Really like the new testing but would like to have the AUX button lock
> > > the screen again.
> > >
> > > solar.george
>
> Thanks, that works
>
> solar.george

How did you make it work?
I could create a key binding for aux key, but I cannot find the "old" lock,
but "desktop lock", which complains about "no pam support"
I don't need to lock desktop, only disable touchscreen.

Thank you!

On Saturday 18 April 2009 17:40:08 David Garabana Barro wrote:

> O Sábado, 18 de Abril de 2009, George Brooke escribiu:

> > Thanks, that works
> >
> > solar.george
>
> How did you make it work?
> I could create a key binding for aux key, but I cannot find the "old" lock,
> but "desktop lock", which complains about "no pam support"
> I don't need to lock desktop, only disable touchscreen.
>
> Thank you!
Its called "Desktop Simple Lock" or something similar.

solar.george

Re: AUX button lock

Davide
O Sábado, 18 de Abril de 2009, escribiu:

> After editing a file? It is editable from shr-settings. It only
> doesn't store entered value now. Click on "internet" fields, and
> keyboard will popup :P

You're right!
Thanks for the tip

But... it's not intuitive at all!
Shouldn't editable text be in a text box or similar?

--
David Garabana Barro
jabber & google talk ID: [hidden email]
Clave pública PGP/GPG: http://davide.garabana.com/pgp.html

Re: AUX button lock

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 22:38, David Garabana Barro <[hidden email]> wrote:
> But... it's not intuitive at all!
> Shouldn't editable text be in a text box or similar?

I know. But I don't know how to do it in python-elementary. Patches
are welcomed ;)

Re: AUX button lock

KaZeR

George Brooke wrote
On Saturday 18 April 2009 17:40:08 Its called "Desktop Simple Lock" or something similar.
Thank you, i really missed that feature.
I hope it will be corrected in the images soon.