Alarm not waking up phone -- Was: Re: SHR testing 22.april experience

Alarm not waking up phone -- Was: Re: SHR testing 22.april experience

Steven **-4
Are you perhaps in a timezone with DST?  My phone will wake up and
sound the alarm, but it's an hour late.  If the Freerunner is on the
charger (where it doesn't suspend), the alarm goes off at the correct
time.  If I take it off the charger shortly after that and suspend it,
it will wake up an hour later for no reason.  I suspect because the
alarm app scheduled a wake-up event...

-Steven

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 2:53 PM, piratebab <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Some revision of testing, but alarm dont wake up the phone in my case
> (if I wake it up manually, it's ringing, but useless ....).
> If someone confirm the problem, I will open a bug ticket.
>

> Helge Hafting a écrit :
>> flashed the new image of april 22., and the 2.6.29 kernel
>>
>> Change from usb0 to ethX - ok, updated the PC.
>>
>> In the beginning I get to select "fastcall icons". What is this, what
>> happens to selected and un-selected apps?
>>
>> SHR settings no longer has a place to select between "ethernet mode" and
>> "storage device"? :-/ I actually never used the storage device mode, but
>>   imagine it could be useful at times. especially when using someone
>> else's pc in an emergency.
>>
>> pcalc is a huge improvement! :-)
>> It'd still be nice to have arrow keys: left&right for editing, up&down
>> for recalling earlier commands. Just like the command line. A scientific
>> mode with sin,cos,tan and such could be nice too, but of course the keys
>> will get rather small in such a mode.
>>
>> The alarm works! :-)
>>
>> The alarm .wav file ought to be selectable as a ringtone. I.e. the alarm
>> app should keep its sound file in /usr/share/sounds. And to lower the
>> cpu-load on this often overloaded device, consider shipping and
>> defaulting to mono ringtones. Well, having stereo alternatives makes
>> sense for those who use earphones lots of the time.
>>
>> I have a mono version of the alarm sound as ringtone now.
>>
>> tangogps crashes when trying to change the map directory. Well-known
>> problem with tangogps, and with a well-known workaround.
>>
>> Contacts icon is now a blank sheet?
>>

>> Still cannot type non-ascii into contacts or sms, even though my
>> keyboard supports this.  The font is ok too - no problem with incoming
>> SMS. :-(
>>
>> ARGH! "rm" asks if I want to remove the file I told it to remove! "cp"
>> asks if I want to overwrite the file I told it to overwrite! AAAAAAAAARGH!
>> Can we loose this idiocy and never get it back?  The linux command line
>> is not supposed to do that! Guess what happens when I paste some
>> commands from my custom setup file after flashing :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(
>> That's the worst of all problems with this image so far.
>>
>> It is a phone. Not an enterprise server. If I ever wreck something
>> vital, I just reflash it!
>>
>> The bogus file /etc/opkg/armv4-feed.conf was noted long ago, but is
>> still in the image?
>>
>> An "opkg upgrade" actually makes more apps available. Shipping an image
>> where this has been done already might be more userfriendly - although
>> it will obviously not be up-to-date for long.
>>
>> sms-sentry is in the image - great! :-)
>>
>> dillo is in the image, but a newer version exists:
>> http://misc.andi.de1.cc/dillo/dillo-ssl_2.0-r0_armv4t.opk
>>
>> All in all, many improvements but the rm/cp silliness is awful.
>>
>> Helge Hafting

Re: Alarm not waking up phone -- Was: Re: SHR testing 22.april experience

piratebab
Yes, I use timezone, but the problem is not the time.
The scenario is:
- i select a wake up at 07:00 AM
- I suspend manually the phone
- i wait until 07:05 AM, nothing append
- i wake up the phone: the alarm ring, and the alarm clock window is open

I would prefer the phone to wake me up, not the opposite ...

Helge Hafting a écrit :

[...]

Arnaud Patard (Rtp)
"Steven **" <[hidden email]> writes:
Hi,

> Are you perhaps in a timezone with DST?  My phone will wake up and
> sound the alarm, but it's an hour late.  If the Freerunner is on the
> charger (where it doesn't suspend), the alarm goes off at the correct
> time.  If I take it off the charger shortly after that and suspend it,
> it will wake up an hour later for no reason.  I suspect because the
> alarm app scheduled a wake-up event...

I was thinking I was the only one getting this probleme. I was wrong :)
Look at the /proc/driver/rtc. Last time I looked, the wake up alarm was
1 hour wrong.
So, I've just tried to look at the code. I've looked at
http://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/trunk/TMP/st/waker/src/bin/waker_main.c

I don't know if it's the current version of the waker daemon code, but
if someone with the bug and who can build a new waker binary from the
shr-testing repo, would be interesting to check it and replace the
localtime() call with a call to gmtime() in rtc_set if the localtime()
call is still there. I've no idea if it'll solve/workaround the bug but
I think it worth trying that change :)

Arnaud

Re: Alarm not waking up phone -- Was: Re: SHR testing 22.april experience

William Kenworthy
Remove the built in alarm clock (Its never ever worked properly as far
as I can see) and replace it with fflalrms which works well.

BillK