Quantcast

Babiloo on Openmoko - Second milestone

zeusOne
Hi guys,

I just release the second milestone of Babiloo, a offline dictionaries
reader, for SHR.
Please note that it works only with MrMoku SHR branch.

Babiloo for Neo page:
http://babiloo-project.org/wiki/index.php/Babiloo:Neo

Ciao
Luca

Re: Babiloo on Openmoko - Second milestone

Davide
On Tuesday 03 November 2009 12:47:31 Vaudano Luca wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I just release the second milestone of Babiloo, a offline dictionaries
> reader, for SHR.

WOW

According to data on wiki, performance improvements seems HUGE!

Thanks for this (very) useful program!

Re: Babiloo on Openmoko - Second milestone

zeusOne
Thanks for the feedback
Yeah I made some tuning on the dictionaries engine... the other guys
didn't pay a lot of attention on it because they only test it on the
desktop. From 1 second to 4 seconds it is fine for the desktop
application but from 7 seconds to 76 secs is a hell for our openmoko!
:)

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 1:01 PM, David Garabana Barro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tuesday 03 November 2009 12:47:31 Vaudano Luca wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I just release the second milestone of Babiloo, a offline dictionaries
>> reader, for SHR.
>
> WOW
>
> According to data on wiki, performance improvements seems HUGE!
>
> Thanks for this (very) useful program!

Re: Babiloo on Openmoko - Second milestone

zeusOne
Hi guys,

Babiloo ( http://babiloo-project.org/wiki/index.php/Babiloo:Neo )
seems work well on the latest SHR Unstable (thanks SHR team!!!)

Any comments are welcomed.

Cheers
Luca

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Vaudano Luca <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback
> Yeah I made some tuning on the dictionaries engine... the other guys
> didn't pay a lot of attention on it because they only test it on the
> desktop. From 1 second to 4 seconds it is fine for the desktop
> application but from 7 seconds to 76 secs is a hell for our openmoko!
> :)
>
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 1:01 PM, David Garabana Barro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Tuesday 03 November 2009 12:47:31 Vaudano Luca wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I just release the second milestone of Babiloo, a offline dictionaries
>>> reader, for SHR.
>>
>> WOW
>>
>> According to data on wiki, performance improvements seems HUGE!
>>
>> Thanks for this (very) useful program!

Re: [Shr-User] Babiloo on Openmoko - Second milestone

Lowell Higley
On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Vaudano Luca <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

I just release the second milestone of Babiloo, a offline dictionaries
reader, for SHR.
Please note that it works only with MrMoku SHR branch.

Babiloo for Neo page:
http://babiloo-project.org/wiki/index.php/Babiloo:Neo

Ciao
Luca

First of all, great app.  However, I am having some troubles with the latest Neo milestone. I am using the 19Nov SHR-Unstable image (with packages updated as of this morning) and Babiloo Second Milestone (2.0.9-2).

Problem:
Search only uses first or first two characters of a the word in any search.  Example, I search on "hello" and babiloo responds with "word h not found".  I have tried multiple dictionaries and many different words, all with the same problem. What am I doing wrong?

Other comments....
Any message babiloo displays always stay on top.  If I switch to another app or to the desktop, any message babiloo might display (such as "loading dictionary.." stays on top.  Even on the lock screen.

Thanks!

Re: [Shr-User] Babiloo on Openmoko - Second milestone

zeusOne
I solved the missing characters problem. It was related with some
change in the Elementary library. Now Babiloo 2.0.9-2a should work
with the new Elementary library (SHR after 19Nov), Babiloo 2.0.9-2
works with SHR before 19Nov.
You can find the new version on opkg website and all the previous
releases here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vaudano/babiloo/efl/files/head:/doc/efl/releasedFiles/

For the second problem, message always on top, I'm working on it.

Note that when SHR will release the new python-elementary the program
will broke again, due a major change in the Elementary python
bindings. The change on my side are only find / replace but there is
not retro-compatibility, therefore as soon as I know that SHR will
make the update I will do my modifications.

Thanks for you feedback.
Ciao
Luca

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Lowell Higley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> First of all, great app.  However, I am having some troubles with the latest
> Neo milestone. I am using the 19Nov SHR-Unstable image (with packages
> updated as of this morning) and Babiloo Second Milestone (2.0.9-2).
>
> Problem:
> Search only uses first or first two characters of a the word in any search.
> Example, I search on "hello" and babiloo responds with "word h not found".
> I have tried multiple dictionaries and many different words, all with the
> same problem. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Other comments....
> Any message babiloo displays always stay on top.  If I switch to another app
> or to the desktop, any message babiloo might display (such as "loading
> dictionary.." stays on top.  Even on the lock screen.
>
> Thanks!

Re: [Shr-User] Babiloo on Openmoko - Second milestone

zeusOne
I solved the second problem, messages always on top, and I released
the file 2.0.9-2b as usual in the opkg website.

By the way, I noticed that now the loading time for a dictionary is
incremented from 36 seconds to 48 seconds, same code, same
dictionary.. :-/

Cheers
Luca

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Vaudano Luca <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I solved the missing characters problem. It was related with some
> change in the Elementary library. Now Babiloo 2.0.9-2a should work
> with the new Elementary library (SHR after 19Nov), Babiloo 2.0.9-2
> works with SHR before 19Nov.
> You can find the new version on opkg website and all the previous
> releases here:
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vaudano/babiloo/efl/files/head:/doc/efl/releasedFiles/
>
> For the second problem, message always on top, I'm working on it.
>
> Note that when SHR will release the new python-elementary the program
> will broke again, due a major change in the Elementary python
> bindings. The change on my side are only find / replace but there is
> not retro-compatibility, therefore as soon as I know that SHR will
> make the update I will do my modifications.
>
> Thanks for you feedback.
> Ciao
> Luca
>
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Lowell Higley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> First of all, great app.  However, I am having some troubles with the latest
>> Neo milestone. I am using the 19Nov SHR-Unstable image (with packages
>> updated as of this morning) and Babiloo Second Milestone (2.0.9-2).
>>
>> Problem:
>> Search only uses first or first two characters of a the word in any search.
>> Example, I search on "hello" and babiloo responds with "word h not found".
>> I have tried multiple dictionaries and many different words, all with the
>> same problem. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Other comments....
>> Any message babiloo displays always stay on top.  If I switch to another app
>> or to the desktop, any message babiloo might display (such as "loading
>> dictionary.." stays on top.  Even on the lock screen.
>>
>> Thanks!

Re: [Shr-User] Babiloo on Openmoko - Second milestone

Davide
O Martes, 24 de Novembro de 2009, Vaudano Luca escribiu:
> I solved the second problem, messages always on top, and I released
> the file 2.0.9-2b as usual in the opkg website.

I get the following error when installing:

opkg install
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Evaudano/babiloo/efl/annotate/head%3A/doc/efl/releasedFiles/babiloo_2.0.9-2b
_all.ipk
Downloading
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Evaudano/babiloo/efl/annotate/head%3A/doc/efl/releasedFiles/babiloo_2.0.9-2b_all.ipk
opkg: invalid magic

I remember to have suffered this same error some time ago, but I cannot
remember the solution!

--
David Garabana Barro
jabber & google talk ID: [hidden email]

Re: [Shr-User] Babiloo on Openmoko - Second milestone

zeusOne
Yes, I know also to me opkg gives me this error.. but the application works.
Maybe my way for creating the ipk package is not 100% compliant.
Could you confirm that the application work?

ciao
Luca

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:13 PM, David Garabana Barro
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> O Martes, 24 de Novembro de 2009, Vaudano Luca escribiu:
>> I solved the second problem, messages always on top, and I released
>> the file 2.0.9-2b as usual in the opkg website.
>
> I get the following error when installing:
>
> opkg install
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Evaudano/babiloo/efl/annotate/head%3A/doc/efl/releasedFiles/babiloo_2.0.9-2b
> _all.ipk
> Downloading
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Evaudano/babiloo/efl/annotate/head%3A/doc/efl/releasedFiles/babiloo_2.0.9-2b_all.ipk
> opkg: invalid magic
>

> I remember to have suffered this same error some time ago, but I cannot
> remember the solution!
>
> --
> David Garabana Barro
> jabber & google talk ID:        [hidden email]
> Clave pública PGP/GPG:          http://davide.garabana.com/pgp.html

Re: [Shr-User] Babiloo on Openmoko - Second milestone

Davide
O Martes, 24 de Novembro de 2009, Vaudano Luca escribiu:
> Yes, I know also to me opkg gives me this error.. but the application
>  works. Maybe my way for creating the ipk package is not 100% compliant.
> Could you confirm that the application work?

Yes, it works

Thank you

On Tuesday 24 November 2009 16:55:14 Vaudano Luca wrote:
> I solved the second problem, messages always on top, and I released
> the file 2.0.9-2b as usual in the opkg website.

The one on shr feeds still have these problems.

Re: [Shr-User] Babiloo on Openmoko - Second milestone

zeusOne
I saw now the SHR recipe.
I don't know why, but it is on revision 288 instead of 294.
The latest version without problems, it is on opkg website.
(I solved also the 'Invalid magic' problem)

Ciao
Luca

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 1:51 PM, David Garabana Barro
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tuesday 24 November 2009 16:55:14 Vaudano Luca wrote:
>> I solved the second problem, messages always on top, and I released
>> the file 2.0.9-2b as usual in the opkg website.
>
> The one on shr feeds still have these problems.

Re: [Shr-User] Babiloo on Openmoko - Second milestone

Thomas Zimmermann-2
Am Freitag 27 November 2009 14:48:26 schrieb Vaudano Luca:

> I saw now the SHR recipe.
> I don't know why, but it is on revision 288 instead of 294.
> The latest version without problems, it is on opkg website.
> (I solved also the 'Invalid magic' problem)
>
> Ciao
> Luca
>
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 1:51 PM, David Garabana Barro
>
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 24 November 2009 16:55:14 Vaudano Luca wrote:
> >> I solved the second problem, messages always on top, and I released
> >> the file 2.0.9-2b as usual in the opkg website.
> >
> > The one on shr feeds still have these problems.

I looked at you site and there you've written:
Second Milestone - Current
Babiloo version 2.0.9
Bazaar revision: 288

So i took this ;)
JaMa is already trying to update it, but bitbake seems to have some problems
with bazaar...

Re: [Shr-User] Babiloo on Openmoko - Second milestone

zeusOne
Oh sorry my bad!

Thanks for including my project in the feed!

Ciao Luca

Am Freitag 27 November 2009 15:11:33 schrieb Vaudano Luca:

> Oh sorry my bad!
>
> Thanks for including my project in the feed!
>
> Ciao Luca
>
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Thomas Zimmermann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Am Freitag 27 November 2009 14:48:26 schrieb Vaudano Luca:
> >> I saw now the SHR recipe.
> >> I don't know why, but it is on revision 288 instead of 294.
> >> The latest version without problems, it is on opkg website.
> >> (I solved also the 'Invalid magic' problem)
> >>
> >> Ciao
> >> Luca

> > I looked at you site and there you've written:
> > Second Milestone - Current
> > Babiloo version 2.0.9
> > Bazaar revision: 288
> >
> > So i took this ;)
> > JaMa is already trying to update it, but bitbake seems to have some
> > problems with bazaar...

It would be nice if you could use distutils or setuputils to install babiloo.
Because now i copied all files and directorys to the package, without creating
any .pyc.
This way the recipe is a bit ugly and will breake if you change anything :)

Additionally it would be nice if you can host the source tarball somewhere
else, because the URL to the bazaar tarball isn't nice to handle.

And as last point: including the locals and the needed docs in the tarball
would be nice too :)

Re: [Shr-User] Babiloo on Openmoko - Second milestone

zeusOne
> It would be nice if you could use distutils or setuputils to install babiloo.
> Because now i copied all files and directorys to the package, without creating
> any .pyc.
> This way the recipe is a bit ugly and will breake if you change anything :)

I will work on it... :)

> Additionally it would be nice if you can host the source tarball somewhere
> else, because the URL to the bazaar tarball isn't nice to handle.

Could you please suggest me some place?
I don't use the git repository because they are blocked in my working place :)

> And as last point: including the locals and the needed docs in the tarball
> would be nice too :)

Temporary I pushed it in Launchpad:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vaudano/babiloo/efl/annotate/head%3A/doc/efl/releasedFiles/babiloo_2.0.9-3.tar.gz