Cant get gpsd to work

RANJAN-3
Hi,

I am not able to get GPSD to work. I did this:
echo "GPS_DEV=\"/dev/ttySAC1\"" > /etc/default/gpsd
/etc/init.d/gpsd restart

but when I do /etc/init.d/gpsd it says not found. I can see the gpsd file in /etc/default folder but no use. Is there a script to get GPS position say lat and long on FR? Please let me know.

Ranjan

Re: Cant get gpsd to work

Satz Klauer
Hi,

that describes your problem:

On 1/9/12, RANJAN <[hidden email]> wrote:
> but when I do /etc/init.d/gpsd it says not found

You simply do not have the startup script within /etc/init.d. So you
either don't have installed gpsd correctly or you use a distribution
that no longer has this start script because it uses systemd.

Elmi