DFU 1.1 Support?

Yohan PAINCHAUD

Hello all,

First of all, I would like to thanks all the contributors of this library, this is actually the only one available in GPL.

I would like to use this library with a new USB device that implements the DFU 1.1.

Is this library supporting the DFU specification 1.1 ?

I read in the mailing-list that the version 0.5 may support it, but not yet tested?  I saw that the DFU 1.1 has few attributes modified, as for example the Run-Time DFU Functional Descriptor, but in the 0.5 version, only a modification concerning the bitWillDetach flag has been done. Maybe the others changes have been implemented in an older version?

Thanks a lot

Yohan

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont établis à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sont confidentiels. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le détruire et d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended solely for the addressees. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the email from your system.

Re: DFU 1.1 Support?

Stefan Schmidt-2
Hello.

On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 12:41, Yohan PAINCHAUD wrote:

> First of all, I would like to thanks all the contributors of this library,
> this is actually the only one available in GPL.

Glad to be of service.

> I would like to use this library with a new USB device that
> implements the DFU 1.1.  Is this library supporting the DFU
> specification 1.1 ?

By now we should have al pieces together, but we lack any device to
test it. Would be great if you can do that for us. It would be also
nice to get a lsusb -v output for the DFU 1.1 device.

> I read in the mailing-list that the version 0.5 may support it,
> but not yet tested?

Correct.

> I saw that the DFU 1.1 has few attributes modified, as for
> example the Run-Time DFU Functional Descriptor, but in the 0.5
> version, only a modification concerning the bitWillDetach flag
> has been done. Maybe the others changes have been implemented
> in an older version?

Also correct. We may lack something we haven't thought about for
now only testing will reveal this. Would be great if you could
help us out here.

regards
Stefan Schmidt

Re: DFU 1.1 Support?

Tormod Volden
2011/11/2 Yohan PAINCHAUD:
> Is this library supporting the DFU specification 1.1 ?
>
> I read in the mailing-list that the version 0.5 may support it, but not yet
> tested?  I saw that the DFU 1.1 has few attributes modified, as for example
> the Run-Time DFU Functional Descriptor, but in the 0.5 version, only a
> modification concerning the bitWillDetach flag has been done. Maybe the
> others changes have been implemented in an older version?

Yes, some 1.1 parts were already supported by earlier dfu-util
versions. Some firmware implementations use a mix of 1.0 and 1.1.
dfu-util retrieves the run-time functional descriptor if it can. But
this is not new in 1.1, is it?

I believe the SPEC-differences.txt file in our source tree describes
all the differences between 1.0 and 1.1.

Tormod

Re: DFU 1.1 Support?

Tormod Volden
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Tormod Volden wrote:
> 2011/11/2 Yohan PAINCHAUD:
>> Is this library supporting the DFU specification 1.1 ?
>>
>> I read in the mailing-list that the version 0.5 may support it, but not yet
>> tested?  I saw that the DFU 1.1 has few attributes modified, as for example
>> the Run-Time DFU Functional Descriptor, but in the 0.5 version, only a
>> modification concerning the bitWillDetach flag has been done. Maybe the
>> others changes have been implemented in an older version?

Oh and by the way, having the bitWillDetach flag set is not mandatory
for a DFU 1.1 device, and we already supported the 1.1 devices which
had this flag cleared also before 0.5 as far as I know. Just that I
don't know of any 1.1 devices :)

Tormod

RE: DFU 1.1 Support?

Yohan PAINCHAUD
Thanks a lot for your reply.
We will be able to test the library during December ...
I will post a new message on this mailing-list with the status of our tests.

Regards
Yohan