Extra component on GTA02

AlvieBoy
Hi,

My Gta02 seems to have an extra component on board [1] [2]. Any ideas how it got there ?

I'm worried that resistor is missing somewhere else...

Álvaro

[1] http://alvarolopes.com/resources/extra_component2.jpg
[2] http://alvarolopes.com/resources/extra_component.jpg

Re: Extra component on GTA02

Werner Almesberger
?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> My Gta02 seems to have an extra component on board [1] [2].

Wow. It looks as if it's partially under the shield, bending it
upward ?

> Any ideas how it got there ?

That's what you get for taking your Neo with you on those
teleportation experiments. Have you learned nothing from "The
Fly" ? ;-)

> I'm worried that resistor is missing somewhere else...

The round pad has a diameter of 1.6 mm, so the component appears
to be 1206. That's mighty big for a resistor. It could be an
inductor, but then it would seem a little flat for that. I can
only find two 1206 components in the BOM, and they're both
capacitors.

So I don't have a clue what it's doing there.

Re: Extra component on GTA02

Joerg Reisenweber
[Álvaro Lopes So  6. September 2009]:
> Hi,
>
> My Gta02 seems to have an extra component on board [1] [2]. Any ideas how it
got there ?

> I'm worried that resistor is missing somewhere else...
>
> Álvaro
>
> [1] http://alvarolopes.com/resources/extra_component2.jpg
> [2] http://alvarolopes.com/resources/extra_component.jpg

AFAIK it's a factory rework on A5 to implement some fix. I didn't check what
it is exactly, but afaik it looks like some pulldown to GND (= can metal).
You can tell easily by finding out about the testpoint it's soldered to.

Anyway I've seen that on many devices and it's ok (no fault or misplaced
component).

cheers
jOERG

Re: Extra component on GTA02

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen-2
On Sun, Sep 06, 2009 at 11:04:26AM +0100, Álvaro Lopes wrote:

> My Gta02 seems to have an extra component on board [1] [2]. Any ideas how it got there ?

   Someone or something dropped it there. I think the strip of plastic isn't
supposed to be there either [3].

> I'm worried that resistor is missing somewhere else...

   Yes, that missing 100k pull-up/down from someone's 95% working
prototype being assembled at the same time maybe. :-)

[3] http://nospamnospam.homepage.dk/hardware/GTA02A6-R1769.png

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen

Re: Extra component on GTA02

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen-2
On Sun, Sep 06, 2009 at 05:15:54PM +0200, Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> [Álvaro Lopes So  6. September 2009]:

> > [1] http://alvarolopes.com/resources/extra_component2.jpg
> > [2] http://alvarolopes.com/resources/extra_component.jpg
>
> AFAIK it's a factory rework on A5 to implement some fix. I didn't check what
> it is exactly, but afaik it looks like some pulldown to GND (= can metal).
> You can tell easily by finding out about the testpoint it's soldered to.

   Absolutely right. It's R4411, a 100k pulldown from H-TP4402, which is the
RX_IRDA signal used for GSM firmware download at the factory. Page seven of
the GTA02 schematics lists R4411 as NC for GTA02A5 and 100k for GTA02A6.
Thanks for clearing it up.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen