[FSOSHRUDCON] Call for talks!

Didier 'Ptitjes'
Hello all,

[So as we spoke with Stefan on IRC, I volunteer to coordinate the effort
to set up a wonderfull event. This is my first action in this way,  but
not the last. I won't let you sleep ;)]

This is a reminder to say that we have time for 8x 30mn talks at FSOSHR'09.

Mickey has already set one for sure: "freesmartphone.org -- Past,
Present, Future". I put it as the first talk after the welcome words.

So I'll recall here the subjects proposed on the wiki page. I would like
you all to add +1 -1 in order that we can determine what you want.

Also please feel free to add your other ideas|desires for talks. What
could you speak about ? what would you like to hear about ??

  - "State of the art" talk ("what happened and where we are" - mickeyl,
Ainulindale ?)

     So it seems that this one is in part filled by the
"freesmartphone.org -- Past, Present, Future" of mickeyl. I would be
glad if Ainulindale could make a similar talk for SHR. Then things would
be set up correctly for the continuation of the convention

  - SHR vs. Paroli; SHR + Paroli

  - Target Hardware for FSO and SHR

  - FSOd & frameworkd2

     Would be cool if Mickey, or another one, can make a talk to address
the technical details of this, if they are not completely explained in
Mickey introductory talk about FSO.

The next three are proposition of mine.

  - Ophonekitd's future
     * Vala rewrite: what it brings (Modularity, testability,
configurability, ...)
     * DBus GUI control protocols

     Ainulindale could make this one

  - Joint FSO/SHR testing proposal
     * Using libgmock as a base framework to mock frameworkd or ophonekitd
     * Shared sequence diagrams

     This is a thing that I feel is very important for both FSO and
SHR's future. I could talk about that.

  - Ologicd
     * Introduction (use cases, solutions survey...)
     * Current state
     * Flora-2 introduction and demos
     * Expected Logic frameworks

     This is my baby project. So here again I can present you all those
stuff.

  - SHR - What a "community distribution" means

     I'll be glad Ainulindale and mrmoku explains us how the process to
collaborate to the "community" distro is. How it will evolve as the
distro gains momentum. What technical facilities are at our disposal...

 >> Here your other ideas|desire...

Thank you to take the time to think about all that. Best regards,
Didier.

Re: [FSOSHRUDCON] Call for talks!

Julien Cassignol
<snip>

As told before, Didier, I'm ok for the talks I'm supposed to be involved in.

--
Julien Cassignol
http://www.ainulindale.net

Re: [FSOSHRUDCON] Call for talks!

Daniel Willmann-2
Hello Didier,

as I understand you are responsible for the schedule. I'm not quite
sure how the proposed/accepted talks works in the wiki so I'm posing my
proposals here.
Feel free to add them or tell me where I should add them.

* State of the GPS DBus API in FSO
  Gypsy seems quite dead (version 0.6 from March 2008, three commits in
  one year), very few applications even use this interface. So if we're
  going to improve the API why not redesign it completely?
  How should a good DBus interface for GPS look like?
  (Presentation/Discussion)

* dtest - a black-box approach to testing the FSO DBus API
  We need tests that test high level behaviour like resource state
  transitions on the actual device. Some things (call handling, sms)
  even require two devices under our control. dtest is an attempt to
  fill this gap.
  (Presentation)
  This could integrate with the "Joint FSO/SHR testing proposal",
  though I know nothing about it yet.

* Buzz-fix re-workshop: I'll bring all the equipment and components I
  need with me and hopefully we can fix a couple buzzing Neos. :-)
  (Workshop)

* Bring SHR to OE workshop: Since I'm just not going to build
  out-of-tree OE stuff I need to get the SHR recipies in OE. Jan and
  Stefan were also interested in this.
  (Workshop/BoF)

Regards,
Daniel Willmann

Re: [FSOSHRUDCON] Call for talks!

Julien Cassignol
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 1:59 AM, Daniel Willmann
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> * Bring SHR to OE workshop: Since I'm just not going to build
>  out-of-tree OE stuff I need to get the SHR recipies in OE. Jan and
>  Stefan were also interested in this.
>  (Workshop/BoF)

I think this won't be relevant at the time as I seriously intend to do
all that is doable to commit to fso/ms5.5 before the release (which
will be before May 22nd, as this has be postponed too long, and we
have a truly working device now).

Re: [FSOSHRUDCON] Call for talks!

Daniel Willmann-2
Hello all,

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 18:55:11 +0200
"Didier \"Ptitjes\"" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is a reminder to say that we have time for 8x 30mn talks at
> FSOSHR'09.
>
> Mickey has already set one for sure: "freesmartphone.org -- Past,
> Present, Future". I put it as the first talk after the welcome words.
>
> So I'll recall here the subjects proposed on the wiki page. I would
> like you all to add +1 -1 in order that we can determine what you
> want.

I've started with this on
http://www.shr-project.org/trac/wiki/FSOSHRUDCON%2709 - it seems I'm
the only one though. (Or I misunderstood what you meant :-)
I would advise that we should start planning which talks take place
soon. So I would advise anyone to start voting or you wont be eligible
to complain about the talks that do get accepted. :-)

> Also please feel free to add your other ideas|desires for talks. What
> could you speak about ? what would you like to hear about ??

Done.

Regards,
Daniel Willmann