Flodding /etc/resolve.conf

ew-2
hello

the netbase  package is always adding a new entry to the /etc/resolv.conf.
because there is done a simple   ">>" operator to it.
so every time you plug in your  usb connector ( charging ) this will be
done.

can someone remove this function ?

maybe a better solution is  keep this file in memory ( symlinking it
somewhere  to volaitle )
this will also save some unnecessarily write ops to the nand .

greetings

eric

Re: Flodding /etc/resolve.conf

spaetz
ew wrote:

> hello
>
> the netbase  package is always adding a new entry to the /etc/resolv.conf.
> because there is done a simple   ">>" operator to it.
> so every time you plug in your  usb connector ( charging ) this will be
> done.
>
> can someone remove this function ?
>
> maybe a better solution is  keep this file in memory ( symlinking it
> somewhere  to volaitle )
> this will also save some unnecessarily write ops to the nand .

Are you using shr-testing? AFAIK it has been changed in -unstable to not
 append to the file.

Re: Flodding /etc/resolve.conf

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 15:20, Sebastian Spaeth <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are you using shr-testing? AFAIK it has been changed in -unstable to not
 append to the file.

You are talking about that commit: http://git.shr-project.org/git/?p=shr-overlay.git;a=commit;h=37d84504c625e898b5982907f06e43b4f31fc414

Some time after commiting it I realised that this isn't correct. It needs to be fixed in netbase package. I will play with it.