Quantcast

Freerunner for sale

Tracy Reed
I bought this Freerunner when it was first released as part of the San
Diego group buy back in July 2008. Although I was excited to do so at
the time my ability to work with it and develop for it has been pretty
much non-existent in the intervening two years. It has sat on my shelf
doing nothing pretty much the whole time. I think I carried it on me
two days and flashed/upgraded it twice in the whole time I have had
it.

It is time to let it go. So if anyone wants this like-new condition
Freerunner please make me your best offer + shipping from San Diego to
you (or local pickup). Best offer takes it.

Note that this is among the first batch of Freerunners that
shipped. So it will not have any hardware fixes that may have been
applied to production after the initial release.

Thanks

--
Tracy Reed
http://tracyreed.org

Re: Freerunner for sale

Tracy Reed
On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 03:01:09AM -0700, Tracy Reed spake thusly:
> I bought this Freerunner when it was first released as part of the San
> Diego group buy back in July 2008. Although I was excited to do so at

No takers? Not even a "Here's $20 plus shipping"? I did say "best
offer" takes it. No "reserve".

If nobody wants it within the next week then I guess it's off to the
recyclers. I had no idea interest had waned so dramatically. I'm
normally pretty good with investing in future technologies but I'm
shocked that this one was such a huge waste of $400-500 that now I can
barely even give it away. Of course, my OLPC G1G1 investment hasn't
exactly paid off either. I think I'm going to take it easy on the open
source hardware for a while.

--
Tracy Reed
http://tracyreed.org

Re: Freerunner for sale

Tim Abell
I'm somewhat interested in getting a second one, though I don't have
much spare cash at the moment. Any idea how much it would cost to ship
it the uk? Would you list it on a site that deals with payment like ebay?

Tim Abell

Tracy Reed wrote:

> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 03:01:09AM -0700, Tracy Reed spake thusly:
>
>> I bought this Freerunner when it was first released as part of the San
>> Diego group buy back in July 2008. Although I was excited to do so at
>>

> No takers? Not even a "Here's $20 plus shipping"? I did say "best
> offer" takes it. No "reserve".
>
> If nobody wants it within the next week then I guess it's off to the
> recyclers. I had no idea interest had waned so dramatically. I'm
> normally pretty good with investing in future technologies but I'm
> shocked that this one was such a huge waste of $400-500 that now I can
> barely even give it away. Of course, my OLPC G1G1 investment hasn't
> exactly paid off either. I think I'm going to take it easy on the open
> source hardware for a while.

Re: Freerunner for sale

jerjozwik
On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Tracy Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No takers? Not even a "Here's $20 plus shipping"? I did say "best
> offer" takes it. No "reserve".
>
> If nobody wants it within the next week then I guess it's off to the
> recyclers. I had no idea interest had waned so dramatically. I'm
> normally pretty good with investing in future technologies but I'm
> shocked that this one was such a huge waste of $400-500 that now I can
> barely even give it away. Of course, my OLPC G1G1 investment hasn't
> exactly paid off either. I think I'm going to take it easy on the open
> source hardware for a while.

$20 + shipping to los angeles.

Re: Freerunner for sale

Angel Martin Alganza
On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 12:12:51PM -0700, Tracy Reed wrote:
> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 03:01:09AM -0700, Tracy Reed spake thusly:
> > I bought this Freerunner when it was first released as part of the San
> > Diego group buy back in July 2008. Although I was excited to do so at
>
> No takers? Not even a "Here's $20 plus shipping"? I did say "best
> offer" takes it. No "reserve".

Would you ship it to Europe?  I'd be interested if you would.

Thanks,
Ángel

--
Angel Martin Alganza
Departamento de Genetica, Universidad de Granada

Re: Freerunner for sale

undrwater
Tracy Reed wrote
It is time to let it go. So if anyone wants this like-new condition
Freerunner please make me your best offer + shipping from San Diego to
you (or local pickup). Best offer takes it.

--
Tracy Reed
http://tracyreed.org
Sold yet?

$30+shipping or local (I'm in Cerritos)

Russell Dwiggins

Re: Freerunner for sale

Niall Haslam
Hi all,

I have a freerunner for sale in Europe. It was buzz fixed in Germany. Perfect working order. Selling it cos it doesn't work on 3 - for various reasons they are my preferred provider in the UK and Ireland where I have recently relocated to after Germany. The phone was in perfect working order in Germany.

Bids welcome to this address.

Niall.