LIS302DL 3/4-wire SPI conflicts

AlvieBoy
Hi all,

In our symbol for LIS302DL, we have SDI pin as Input, however this chip can use 3-wire or 4-wire SPI, and this pin is actually named "SDA/SDI/SDO". So we should
put this as bidir, even if we do not use SPI 3-wire interface.

This makes symbol usable for 3-wire operation.

Álvaro

Re: LIS302DL 3/4-wire SPI conflicts

Werner Almesberger
?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> In our symbol for LIS302DL, we have SDI pin as Input, however this chip can use 3-wire or 4-wire SPI, and this pin is actually named "SDA/SDI/SDO". So we should
> put this as bidir, even if we do not use SPI 3-wire interface.

Agreed. We didn't follow the "copy what's in the datasheet" rule in
this case, but we should.

Also SDO isn't correct - in I2C mode, it's an input. Figure 5 of the
data sheet doesn't show this, but it's mentioned in table 2 and the
2nd paragraph of section 5.1.1.