Quantcast

MCNavi 0.3.1 released

Mike Crash
Hello,

after long hard work new version of MCNavi is here. There is a lot of changes, some functionality was removed (like tourist routes - will reappear in future in better way) due to many code changes, change in map format, change in converter, but more functionality was added. For example there is possibility to save bookmarks, save and load route (can be opened as standard GPX), save and load track logs, has faster routing, can show simple itinerary etc. For more information go to [1].

This is still beta, not all is done and some functionality may not work as expected. Currently I'm using it actively in car and on bike and it works quite good fro me. Currently only map of Czech republic can be downloaded, next version will add turn restrictions and (hope) stabilize map format for all 0.3.x versions. After that, more countries will be available for download (or on demand).

I have released previous public version more than one year ago, but I wanted to release something usable, therefore the huge delay.

Currently only Debian version can be installed out of the box, needs fso-gps and edje, but works with new libgps also. But you have to compile it yourself.

[1] http://www.gps-routes.info/index.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1

Re: MCNavi 0.3.1 released

Davide Scaini
Great news!
I hope there's a bb recipe for shr so I can try it on my fr.
When the map format is stable tell me, I'll help you in processing some Countries (if you want).

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 11:53 PM, Mike Crash <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

GRiera
Thanks a lot!!!

2011/9/2 Mike Crash <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> after long hard work new version of MCNavi is here. There is a lot of
> changes, some functionality was removed (like tourist routes - will reappear
> in future in better way) due to many code changes, change in map format,
> change in converter, but more functionality was added. For example there is
> possibility to save bookmarks, save and load route (can be opened as
> standard GPX), save and load track logs, has faster routing, can show simple
> itinerary etc. For more information go to [1].
>
> This is still beta, not all is done and some functionality may not work as
> expected. Currently I'm using it actively in car and on bike and it works
> quite good fro me. Currently only map of Czech republic can be downloaded,
> next version will add turn restrictions and (hope) stabilize map format for
> all 0.3.x versions. After that, more countries will be available for
> download (or on demand).
>
> I have released previous public version more than one year ago, but I wanted
> to release something usable, therefore the huge delay.
>
> Currently only Debian version can be installed out of the box, needs fso-gps
> and edje, but works with new libgps also. But you have to compile it
> yourself.
>

> [1] http://www.gps-routes.info/index.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1

Re: MCNavi 0.3.1 released

Patryk Benderz
Dnia 2011-09-02, pią o godzinie 14:53 -0700, Mike Crash pisze:
> Hello,
>
> after long hard work new version of MCNavi is here.
        Great to hear that! The most satisfying is a fact that we now have two
routing applications that use binary map format :) MCNavi and Navit.
Hope you will find lot of time to improve your application.
        Keep up great work!

--
Patryk "LeadMan" Benderz
Linux Registered User #377521

Re: MCNavi 0.3.1 released

Xavier Cremaschi
Wow great news ! I will install it and use it in car as soon as possible
to give you some feedback :)

Le 02/09/2011 23:53, Mike Crash a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> after long hard work new version of MCNavi is here. There is a lot of
> changes, some functionality was removed (like tourist routes - will reappear
> in future in better way) due to many code changes, change in map format,
> change in converter, but more functionality was added. For example there is
> possibility to save bookmarks, save and load route (can be opened as
> standard GPX), save and load track logs, has faster routing, can show simple
> itinerary etc. For more information go to [1].
>
> This is still beta, not all is done and some functionality may not work as
> expected. Currently I'm using it actively in car and on bike and it works
> quite good fro me. Currently only map of Czech republic can be downloaded,
> next version will add turn restrictions and (hope) stabilize map format for
> all 0.3.x versions. After that, more countries will be available for
> download (or on demand).
>
> I have released previous public version more than one year ago, but I wanted
> to release something usable, therefore the huge delay.
>
> Currently only Debian version can be installed out of the box, needs fso-gps
> and edje, but works with new libgps also. But you have to compile it
> yourself.
>

> [1] http://www.gps-routes.info/index.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1

Re: MCNavi 0.3.1 released

Martin Jansa
On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 02:53:56PM -0700, Mike Crash wrote:

> Hello,
>
> after long hard work new version of MCNavi is here. There is a lot of
> changes, some functionality was removed (like tourist routes - will reappear
> in future in better way) due to many code changes, change in map format,
> change in converter, but more functionality was added. For example there is
> possibility to save bookmarks, save and load route (can be opened as
> standard GPX), save and load track logs, has faster routing, can show simple
> itinerary etc. For more information go to [1].
>
> This is still beta, not all is done and some functionality may not work as
> expected. Currently I'm using it actively in car and on bike and it works
> quite good fro me. Currently only map of Czech republic can be downloaded,
> next version will add turn restrictions and (hope) stabilize map format for
> all 0.3.x versions. After that, more countries will be available for
> download (or on demand).
>
> I have released previous public version more than one year ago, but I wanted
> to release something usable, therefore the huge delay.
>
> Currently only Debian version can be installed out of the box, needs fso-gps
> and edje, but works with new libgps also. But you have to compile it
> yourself.
Hi,

configure.ac is missing check for mysql and src/osm2mcm/db_mysql.cc
depends on it.

Also hardcoded -L/-I paths ie in

src/osm2mcm/Makefile.am:
osm2mcm_LDFLAGS = -lexpat -lm -rdynamic -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient

some mysql_config magic would be nicer (at least for cross building).

Thanks!

Recipe added to shr-core and old OE too
http://git.shr-project.org/git/?p=meta-smartphone.git;a=commit;h=08a33257e885a905f6a0dfabf3adfbe32f08cd3e
http://git.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=0655368e725c6847209f6273333009917deeff0f

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: [hidden email]

Re: MCNavi 0.3.1 released

GarthPS
thx to JaMa quicker than me..
http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=0655368e725c6847209f6273333009917deeff0f

2011/9/5 Xavier Cremaschi <[hidden email]>
Wow great news ! I will install it and use it in car as soon as possible
to give you some feedback :)

Le 02/09/2011 23:53, Mike Crash a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> after long hard work new version of MCNavi is here. There is a lot of
> changes, some functionality was removed (like tourist routes - will reappear
> in future in better way) due to many code changes, change in map format,
> change in converter, but more functionality was added. For example there is
> possibility to save bookmarks, save and load route (can be opened as
> standard GPX), save and load track logs, has faster routing, can show simple
> itinerary etc. For more information go to [1].
>
> This is still beta, not all is done and some functionality may not work as
> expected. Currently I'm using it actively in car and on bike and it works
> quite good fro me. Currently only map of Czech republic can be downloaded,
> next version will add turn restrictions and (hope) stabilize map format for
> all 0.3.x versions. After that, more countries will be available for
> download (or on demand).
>
> I have released previous public version more than one year ago, but I wanted
> to release something usable, therefore the huge delay.
>
> Currently only Debian version can be installed out of the box, needs fso-gps
> and edje, but works with new libgps also. But you have to compile it
> yourself.
>

> [1] http://www.gps-routes.info/index.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1

Re: MCNavi 0.3.1 released

Mike Crash
Martin Jansa wrote
On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 02:53:56PM -0700, Mike Crash wrote:
Hi,

configure.ac is missing check for mysql and src/osm2mcm/db_mysql.cc
depends on it.

Also hardcoded -L/-I paths ie in

src/osm2mcm/Makefile.am:
osm2mcm_LDFLAGS = -lexpat -lm -rdynamic -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient

some mysql_config magic would be nicer (at least for cross building).

Thanks!

Recipe added to shr-core and old OE too
http://git.shr-project.org/git/?p=meta-smartphone.git;a=commit;h=08a33257e885a905f6a0dfabf3adfbe32f08cd3e
http://git.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=0655368e725c6847209f6273333009917deeff0f

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: [hidden email]
You're right, but I don't know how to do it (there is no pkg-config for mysqlclient and expat), so this is actually simpler way for me ... I will fix it in future.

Mike

Re: MCNavi 0.3.1 released

Martin Jansa
On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 03:19:03PM -0700, Mike Crash wrote:

> Martin Jansa wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 02:53:56PM -0700, Mike Crash wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > configure.ac is missing check for mysql and src/osm2mcm/db_mysql.cc
> > depends on it.
> >
> > Also hardcoded -L/-I paths ie in
> >
> > src/osm2mcm/Makefile.am:
> > osm2mcm_LDFLAGS = -lexpat -lm -rdynamic -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient
> >
> > some mysql_config magic would be nicer (at least for cross building).
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Recipe added to shr-core and old OE too
> > http://git.shr-project.org/git/?p=meta-smartphone.git;a=commit;h=08a33257e885a905f6a0dfabf3adfbe32f08cd3e
> > http://git.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=0655368e725c6847209f6273333009917deeff0f
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: [hidden email]
> >

> You're right, but I don't know how to do it (there is no pkg-config for
> mysqlclient and expat), so this is actually simpler way for me ... I will
> fix it in future.
for configure.ac you can check mysql_config existence and from
src/osm2mcm/Makefile.am you can call:

# mysql_config --cflags
-I/usr/include/mysql -DHAVE_ERRNO_AS_DEFINE=1 -DUNIV_LINUX -DUNIV_LINUX
# mysql_config --include
-I/usr/include/mysql

which will fork from OE like this:
$ mysql_config --libs
-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--hash-style=gnu -Wl,--as-needed -rdynamic -L/OE/shr-core/tmp/sysroots/om-gta02/usr/lib -lmysqlclient -lz -lcrypt -lnsl -lm
$ mysql_config --include
-I/OE/shr-core/tmp/sysroots/om-gta02/usr/include

so use right sysroot with armv4t libs instead of host

Thanks

--
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: [hidden email]

Re: MCNavi 0.3.1 released

Davide Scaini
Hi Mike,
I have now some time to try to build some maps...
but it's not clear to me how should I set up mysql:
"In new version the convertor uses MySQL database to store the data. Previously it loaded all data to memory, so no large maps could be created. The connection to MySQL is done on local host, user and password is "osm", database is osm, so create corresponding schema and user account in MySQL. In future releases it could be possible to change it via command line parameters."
So what should I type in my terminal :D I'm not so familiar with mysql ...
thanks

Re: MCNavi 0.3.1 released

Mike Crash
Hi,

please wait some time for new version, there are some major changes, that make current release not compatible. I'm working on coastlines generation and it seems to be a little complicated.

Otherwise try in MySQL simly with:
1. create user osm with password osm
2. create database osm and set permissions for user osm to access it
You  an use MySQL Administrator GUI for it, please refer to MySQL documentation.

Mike

Davide Scaini wrote
Hi Mike,
I have now some time to try to build some maps...
but it's not clear to me how should I set up mysql:
"In new version the convertor uses MySQL database to store the data.
Previously it loaded all data to memory, so no large maps could be created.
The connection to MySQL is done on local host, user and password is "osm",
database is osm, so create corresponding schema and user account in MySQL.
In future releases it could be possible to change it via command line
parameters."
So what should I type in my terminal :D I'm not so familiar with mysql ...
thanks

Re: MCNavi 0.3.1 released

Boudewijn

On Thursday 17 November 2011 17:36:14 Mike Crash wrote:

> Hi,

> please wait some time for new version, there are some major changes, that

> make current release not compatible. I'm working on coastlines generation

> and it seems to be a little complicated.

A bit of an open door, but didn't Mandelbrod find the same some 35 years ago? ;-)

Good luck anyway!

Boudewijn

Re: MCNavi 0.3.1 released

Neil Jerram-4
On 17.11.2011 18:56, Boudewijn wrote:
> On Thursday 17 November 2011 17:36:14 Mike Crash wrote:

>> make current release not compatible. I'm working on coastlines
> generation
>
>> and it seems to be a little complicated.
>
> A bit of an open door, but didn't Mandelbrod find the same some 35
> years ago? ;-)

And I was thinking of Slartibartfast
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slartibartfast).

          Neil

Re: MCNavi 0.3.1 released

arne anka
>>> make current release not compatible. I'm working on coastlines
>> generation
>>
>>> and it seems to be a little complicated.
>>
>> A bit of an open door, but didn't Mandelbrod find the same some 35
>> years ago? ;-)
>
> And I was thinking of Slartibartfast
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slartibartfast).

oh! what has this world come to, that someone feels the need to explain
who slartibartfast was ...

Re: MCNavi 0.3.1 released

Martin Jansa
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Mike Crash <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please wait some time for new version, there are some major changes, that
> make current release not compatible. I'm working on coastlines generation
> and it seems to be a little complicated.

Is there some public repository where we can see the development and
send patches against?

Do you have any estimate when new version will be finished or do you
have patch for older version to support newer gpsd-2.96? There is few
API changes:
| mgps.cc: In function 'void mgps_process(gps_data_t*, char*, size_t, int)':
| mgps.cc:73:35: error: 'struct gps_fix_t' has no member named 'eph'
| mgps.cc:91:34: error: 'struct gps_fix_t' has no member named 'eph'
| mgps.cc:113:19: error: 'struct gps_data_t' has no member named 'satellites'
| mgps.cc:121:21: error: 'struct gps_data_t' has no member named 'satellites'
| mgps.cc:121:66: error: 'struct gps_data_t' has no member named 'satellites'
| mgps.cc: In function 'void* mgps_thread(void*)':
| mgps.cc:161:44: error: 'gps_set_raw_hook' was not declared in this scope
| mgps.cc:166:36: error: 'gps_query' was not declared in this scope
| mgps.cc:180:26: error: 'gps_poll' was not declared in this scope
| mgps.cc: In function 'mgpsdata* mgps_init()':
| mgps.cc:194:60: error: too few arguments to function 'int
gps_open(const char*, const char*, gps_data_t*)'
| /OE/shr-core/tmp-eglibc/sysroots/nokia900/usr/include/gps.h:1430:12:
note: declared here

Cheers,

Re: MCNavi 0.3.1 released

Mike Crash
Hi,

new version is on the track. It will support new gpsd with many other changes.
I'll make some testing tomorrow and if it will work reliably, I will release it.

Currently I don't use rcs, because I don't find it usefull as the only one on
the project. May be in future.

Mike

On 19/12/11 08:18, Martin Jansa wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Mike Crash <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> please wait some time for new version, there are some major changes, that
>> make current release not compatible. I'm working on coastlines generation
>> and it seems to be a little complicated.
>
> Is there some public repository where we can see the development and
> send patches against?
>
> Do you have any estimate when new version will be finished or do you
> have patch for older version to support newer gpsd-2.96? There is few
> API changes:
> | mgps.cc: In function 'void mgps_process(gps_data_t*, char*, size_t, int)':
> | mgps.cc:73:35: error: 'struct gps_fix_t' has no member named 'eph'
> | mgps.cc:91:34: error: 'struct gps_fix_t' has no member named 'eph'
> | mgps.cc:113:19: error: 'struct gps_data_t' has no member named 'satellites'
> | mgps.cc:121:21: error: 'struct gps_data_t' has no member named 'satellites'
> | mgps.cc:121:66: error: 'struct gps_data_t' has no member named 'satellites'
> | mgps.cc: In function 'void* mgps_thread(void*)':
> | mgps.cc:161:44: error: 'gps_set_raw_hook' was not declared in this scope
> | mgps.cc:166:36: error: 'gps_query' was not declared in this scope
> | mgps.cc:180:26: error: 'gps_poll' was not declared in this scope
> | mgps.cc: In function 'mgpsdata* mgps_init()':
> | mgps.cc:194:60: error: too few arguments to function 'int
> gps_open(const char*, const char*, gps_data_t*)'
> | /OE/shr-core/tmp-eglibc/sysroots/nokia900/usr/include/gps.h:1430:12:
> note: declared here
>
> Cheers,

Re: MCNavi 0.3.1 released

Mike Crash
OK, version 0.3.2 is available for download at [1] and a testing map of Cyprus is available at [2], I have also Czech republic, but it is not actual, so I will regenerate it. Other maps are not available yet, although the links were not deleted and I will update it through time.

I have already found one bug in coastlines generation, which prevent conversion if Iceland, so expect new version soon.

[1] http://www.gps-routes.info/index.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1
[2] http://www.gps-routes.info/index.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=4

Martin Jansa wrote