More symbols - FA2012, RT9711 and DTC123

More symbols - FA2012, RT9711 and DTC123

AlvieBoy

Re: More symbols - FA2012, RT9711 and DTC123

Werner Almesberger
?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> Three more components for you to review (in svn):

Wow, you keep on making them faster than I can review them ;-))

> FA2012: 4x low-pass filter

The symbol looks good, but we should use the vendor's pin numbering.
The pin numbering Openmoko used is strange and may be based on a
footprint we'll have to redo anyway.

> RT9711: Power switch

Perfect.

> DTC123: Digital transistor (with internal resistors)

Looks good, except that the bottom of the box was extremely close
to the internal connection. I moved it by 50 mil.

However, this transistor may have other problems. The Rohm data
sheet suggests an unconventional pin numbering:
http://www.rohm.com/products/databook/tr/pdf/dtc123je.pdf

Other sources, namely NXP
http://www.nxp.com/acrobat_download/datasheets/PDTC123J_SERIES_5.pdf
and ON Semi
http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/DTC114EET1-D.PDF
all use "normal" pin numbering. So I'm almost certain that Rohm
flipped the chip on its back and chose not to mention it.

We can verify this by checking what happens in an existing
GTA02. If my suspicion is correct, pins 1 and 2 need to be swapped.

By the way, I still have the three logic 1G and 2G logic components
to merge. Nobody complained about a 74X1G123 naming convention so
far, so I guess I'll just rename and add them.

Thanks a lot !

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Wow, you keep on making them faster than I can review them ;-))

We're almost there, you can rest later :P

>> FA2012: 4x low-pass filter
>
> The symbol looks good, but we should use the vendor's pin numbering.
> The pin numbering Openmoko used is strange and may be based on a
> footprint we'll have to redo anyway.

Updated. Also changed the pin names to IN/OUT as in datasheet.

>> DTC123: Digital transistor (with internal resistors)
>
> Looks good, except that the bottom of the box was extremely close
> to the internal connection. I moved it by 50 mil.

I though about that too, but left it as-is because both datasheet and openmoko symbols also had it very close.

> However, this transistor may have other problems. The Rohm data
> sheet suggests an unconventional pin numbering:
> http://www.rohm.com/products/databook/tr/pdf/dtc123je.pdf
>
> Other sources, namely NXP
> http://www.nxp.com/acrobat_download/datasheets/PDTC123J_SERIES_5.pdf
> and ON Semi
> http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/DTC114EET1-D.PDF
> all use "normal" pin numbering. So I'm almost certain that Rohm
> flipped the chip on its back and chose not to mention it.
>
> We can verify this by checking what happens in an existing
> GTA02. If my suspicion is correct, pins 1 and 2 need to be swapped.

If they differ, we should rename it to "dtc123_ebc" maybe (emmiter 1, base 2, collector 3).

> By the way, I still have the three logic 1G and 2G logic components
> to merge. Nobody complained about a 74X1G123 naming convention so
> far, so I guess I'll just rename and add them.

Yes, I like that naming convention.

Álvaro

?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> We're almost there, you can rest later :P

Argh :)

> >> FA2012: 4x low-pass filter
[...]
> Updated. Also changed the pin names to IN/OUT as in datasheet.

Perfect. I've added it to the expanded view.

> If they differ, we should rename it to "dtc123_ebc" maybe (emmiter 1,
> base 2, collector 3).

Yes, there are a lot of DTC123 variants and I'm, not sure if they
all have the same pin numbering. Needs checking.

> Yes, I like that naming convention.

Great ! I've renamed them. One bit of bad news about the exploded
it reversed the half-circle. It would be really good if someone had
time to look into these. (Or at least write a proper bug report for
the kicad-user list.)