New Freerunner owner, need help installing SHR

New Freerunner owner, need help installing SHR

Märta
Hello.

I got my Freerunner preinstalled with Android, but I want SHR on it. I've read the SHR User Manual and found the installation guide a bit complicated, so I need some guidance.

I've gotten a micro-SD Card (4GB, SanDisk) and I've downloaded the full-om-gta02.jffs2 and uImage-om-gta02-latest.bin (Those should be the SHR-image and the Kernel).

Am I now supposed to:

1) Flash my NEO using U-boot (QI isnt supported by my specific SD-card). Should I use NOR or NAND?

2) Connect my computer (Vista (Btw, I also have a Ubuntu-computer)) using the USB-cable to the NEO and run the DFU Windows application?

3) Flash the phone and place the jffs2 and latest.bin on the Micro-SD

4) Boot the NEO and done?

I appreciate all answers
Thanks, Martin

Re: New Freerunner owner, need help installing SHR

flecktor
jiff2 files are for nand flashing.
if you use micro-sd then you need to partition the sd,
then put the bin in the fat 32 file
then extract the tar file(which you should download)
then reboot (that the boot menu will show)...

check out hackable:1 tutorial for installation, the same procedure can be applied for shr
http://www.hackable1.org/wiki/Installation

good luck