Quantcast

Oh you were lucky! v0.01

PieterC
Hi,

I made a small (demo) script which asks for a string on a commandline,
matches that string with a youtube video, and will play that video using
mplayer. Framerate is not that high, but both video and sound are
comprehensible.

Please take a look here: http://code.google.com/p/oywl/

Please email me when you want to be added to the list of commiters and
help out. I want to write a GUI for it that should become as usable as
eldentica (maybe we should steal some code).

When I got a little spare time this week I'll add this project to opkg.
If someone else is into packaging, feel free to do so.

Pieter

Re: Oh you were lucky! v0.01

Yorick Moko

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 12:36 AM, Pieter Colpaert <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I made a small (demo) script which asks for a string on a commandline,
matches that string with a youtube video, and will play that video using
mplayer. Framerate is not that high, but both video and sound are
comprehensible.

Please take a look here: http://code.google.com/p/oywl/

Please email me when you want to be added to the list of commiters and
help out. I want to write a GUI for it that should become as usable as
eldentica (maybe we should steal some code).

When I got a little spare time this week I'll add this project to opkg.
If someone else is into packaging, feel free to do so.

Pieter

Nice one Pieter!

when I find the time I will surely try it out !

Re: Oh you were lucky! v0.01

undrwater
Dredging up old stuff...

I tried this script, and it ran, but no video ever showed.  I think there may be some problem with how the script gets the address for the video.  It picks one OK, but never displays it.

I hope there is still interest in this...and the GUI as well!

Thanks!

Russell Dwiggins