Openpandora parts?

Glenn Moeller-Holst
How about using some of the openpandora parts:

# ARM® Cortex-A8 600Mhz+ CPU running Linux
# 430-MHz TMS320C64x+ DSP Core [optional possibly used for sound?]
# PowerVR SGX OpenGL 2.0 ES compliant 3D hardware

I do not know if there is space enough for:
# 800x480 4.3" 16.7 million colours touchscreen LCD

-

From:
http://openpandora.org/

/Glenn

Re: Openpandora parts?

Dave Ball
Glenn Moeller-Holst wrote:
> How about using some of the openpandora parts:

I prefer omap3430, with 3" 480x800 capacitive touchscreen (and three
front-panel buttons).  Omap has open docs, existing kernel support
(mainline iirc) and existing linux community users through beagleboard
etc. (I'm sure many of these apply to the parts you suggested too)

Plenty of time to argue over this later though  :-)

It's probably sensible to get gta02-core finished first...

Dave

Re: Openpandora parts?

Werner Almesberger
Dave Ball wrote:
> I prefer omap3430,

I've heard from people who are doing designs based on OMAP and
Samsung that they're not happy with the price of the OMAP and
the external components it needs.

That's actually the first time I heard something bad about it,
but it would be quite the killer for anything one wants to
produce at a reasonably competitive price.

> It's probably sensible to get gta02-core finished first...

Definitely !