PMU ECNs: good to go ?

Werner Almesberger
We still have ECNs 0003 through 0007 pending. They all make small
simplifications to the PMU and related nets. Does anyone see an
issue with them ? If not, I'd like to go ahead and apply them.

Re: PMU ECNs: good to go ?

AlvieBoy
Werner Almesberger wrote:
> We still have ECNs 0003 through 0007 pending. They all make small
> simplifications to the PMU and related nets. Does anyone see an
> issue with them ? If not, I'd like to go ahead and apply them.

I've some doubts about pullups/pulldowns:

ECN0004: EXTONx pins have a -1/+2 uA current leakage limit. Can't we just tie them to VB_SYS (like we do in ECN0003 for SHUTDOWN<->GND) ?
ECN0007: Same as above.

All others seem OK to me.

> - Werner

Re: PMU ECNs: good to go ?

Werner Almesberger
?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> I've some doubts about pullups/pulldowns:
>
> ECN0004: EXTONx pins have a -1/+2 uA current leakage limit.
> Can't we just tie them to VB_SYS (like we do in ECN0003 for
> SHUTDOWN<->GND) ?

Yes, we could. I kept the pull-up so that the signal can be forced
if necessary (e.g., for some embedded application).

Re: PMU ECNs: good to go ?

Werner Almesberger
I'll move ECNs 0003 through 0007 to "Execute". Who'll do the honors
and implement them ? Shall I ?

Re: PMU ECNs: good to go ?

AlvieBoy
Werner Almesberger wrote:
> I'll move ECNs 0003 through 0007 to "Execute". Who'll do the honors
> and implement them ? Shall I ?

Since I did most of PMU, I can do them myself :)

Expect them ready by end of day.

Álvaro

Re: PMU ECNs: good to go ?

AlvieBoy
Álvaro Lopes wrote:
> Werner Almesberger wrote:
>> I'll move ECNs 0003 through 0007 to "Execute". Who'll do the honors
>> and implement them ? Shall I ?
>
> Since I did most of PMU, I can do them myself :)
>
> Expect them ready by end of day.

Commited. Please review when you have some time. I left some annotations there also.

Álvaro

Re: PMU ECNs: good to go ?

Werner Almesberger
?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> Commited. Please review when you have some time. I left some annotations
> there also.

Great, thanks a lot ! I also did the corresponding removals on the
CPU side (commit 5472).

By the way, we have a new ECN for the PMU: Joerg pointed out that the
0R resistors on the regulator outputs are just where they make the
capacitors following them work less efficiently, so we should swap
their location. (ECN0029)

Comments ?

Re: PMU ECNs: good to go ?

AlvieBoy
Werner Almesberger wrote:
> By the way, we have a new ECN for the PMU: Joerg pointed out that the
> 0R resistors on the regulator outputs are just where they make the
> capacitors following them work less efficiently, so we should swap
> their location. (ECN0029)

Fully agreed. I can perform the change if everyone agrees.

Álvaro

Re: PMU ECNs: good to go ?

Werner Almesberger
?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> Fully agreed. I can perform the change if everyone agrees.

We seem to have three thumbs up already :) You, Joerg, and me.