Quantcast

[QtMoko] Debian version

MicVM
Hi folks,

I was trying to port an application developed with the SHR-toolcahin to qtmoko (debian) and ran into a lot of methods etc. that are not available in debian lenny yet. Is the reasoning behind the choice of debian lenny that it is more stable and hence one less source of possible problems while tuning qtmoko or is there another reason behind it? Are there any known problems with sid?

Re: [QtMoko] Debian version

Radek Polak
MicVM wrote:

> I was trying to port an application developed with the SHR-toolcahin to
> qtmoko (debian) and ran into a lot of methods etc. that are not available
> in debian lenny yet. Is the reasoning behind the choice of debian lenny
> that it is more stable and hence one less source of possible problems
> while tuning qtmoko or is there another reason behind it? Are there any
> known problems with sid?

Hi, there is problem with bluetooth. QtMoko uses still bluez3 api while in
debian testing/unstable is already bluez4. I have tested upgrading to debian
sqeeze with apt-get and except bluetooth it was ok.

Regards

Radek

Re: [QtMoko] Debian version

MicVM
On 7/4/10, Radek Polak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> MicVM wrote:
>
>> I was trying to port an application developed with the SHR-toolcahin to
>> qtmoko (debian) and ran into a lot of methods etc. that are not available
>> in debian lenny yet. Is the reasoning behind the choice of debian lenny
>> that it is more stable and hence one less source of possible problems
>> while tuning qtmoko or is there another reason behind it? Are there any
>> known problems with sid?
>
> Hi, there is problem with bluetooth. QtMoko uses still bluez3 api while in
> debian testing/unstable is already bluez4. I have tested upgrading to debian
> sqeeze with apt-get and except bluetooth it was ok.
>
> Regards
>
> Radek

Alright, thanks for the information.