Quantcast

[QtMoko] work on a theme, virtualization? QEMU?

[QtMoko] work on a theme, virtualization? QEMU?

Joif
Hi folks!
I would like to improve the theme I made (finximod) but it is real a pain to work "on the fly" on the neo freerunner... You know, connecting the moko via usb, rebooting it more times...  There is a way to try a qtmoko theme without the neo and on a pc? Maybe a virtualization? I thinked about QEMU, but it is possible to use it with qtmoko?

Re: [QtMoko] how to work on a theme

Petr Vanek
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 10:36:07 -0700 (PDT)
Joif <[hidden email]> (J) wrote:

>Hi folks!
>I would like to improve the theme I made (
>http://openmoko-public-mailinglists.1958.n2.nabble.com/QtMoko-new-theme-tp5333298.html
>finximod ) but it is real a pain to work "on the fly" on the neo
>freerunner... You know, connecting the moko via usb, rebooting it more
>times...  There is a way to try a qtmoko theme without the neo and on
>a pc? Maybe a virtualization? I thinked about QEMU, but it is possible
>to use it with qtmoko?

yes, see here:

http://qtmoko.org/wiki/GITs

Petr

Re: [QtMoko] how to work on a theme

Radek Polak
Petr Vanek wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 10:36:07 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Joif <[hidden email]> (J) wrote:
> >Hi folks!
> >I would like to improve the theme I made (
> >http://openmoko-public-mailinglists.1958.n2.nabble.com/QtMoko-new-theme-tp
> >5333298.html finximod ) but it is real a pain to work "on the fly" on the
> >neo
> >freerunner... You know, connecting the moko via usb, rebooting it more
> >times...  There is a way to try a qtmoko theme without the neo and on
> >a pc? Maybe a virtualization? I thinked about QEMU, but it is possible
> >to use it with qtmoko?
>
> yes, see here:
>
> http://qtmoko.org/wiki/GITs

You can also mount NFS for /opt with qtopia directory on your PC and avoid
transfering filies. Or you can use SSHFS to mount Freerunner's filesystem on
your PC.

For rebooting - you can start/stop just qtopia:

source /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env
/etc/init.d/qpe.sh stop
echo 0 > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/power_on; qpe

Regards

Radek

Re: [QtMoko] how to work on a theme

Joif
Radek Polak wrote
You can also mount NFS for /opt with qtopia directory on your PC and avoid
transfering filies. Or you can use SSHFS to mount Freerunner's filesystem on
your PC.
ehr... actually I don't know how to do that :)

However, I followed Petr's suggestion
Petr wrote
> yes, see here:
>
> http://qtmoko.org/wiki/GITs
but, although I installed all the required packages, if I proceed with the configure I receive:

$ ../qtmoko/configure -device neo -D _FORTIFY_SOURCE=0 -confirm-license -rtti
This is the Qt Extended Open Source Edition.
Skipping confirmation of the Qt Extended license agreement.
Testing the system Qt: FAIL
Qt Extended requires Qt 4.3 or higher to be installed.
You must have qmake in your PATH.
If your system's package manager does not provide Qt 4 development libraries
please see the Guide to Configuring and Building Qt Extended for information
on how to build Qt from the included source.
Alternatively, pass -build-qt to configure and it will build Qt for you
(and then bootstrap QBuild from that).
make: *** [src/build/mkconf/configure] Error 2

I'm on Debian Squeeze x64, I installed qt4-qmake, libqt4-dev, qt4-dev-tools and all their dependecies.

Regards
Joif

Joif wrote:

> Radek Polak wrote:
> > You can also mount NFS for /opt with qtopia directory on your PC and
> > avoid transfering filies. Or you can use SSHFS to mount Freerunner's
> > filesystem on
> > your PC.
>
> ehr... actually I don't know how to do that :)

apt-get install sshfs

and this is mount line in your fstab:

sshfs#root@192.168.0.202:/      /mnt/neo      fuse
user,users,defaults,noauto    0  0

> but, although I installed all the required packages, if I proceed with the
> configure I receive:
>
> $ ../qtmoko/configure -device neo -D _FORTIFY_SOURCE=0 -confirm-license
> -rtti
> This is the Qt Extended Open Source Edition.
> Skipping confirmation of the Qt Extended license agreement.
> Testing the system Qt: FAIL
> Qt Extended requires Qt 4.3 or higher to be installed.
> You must have qmake in your PATH.
> If your system's package manager does not provide Qt 4 development
> libraries please see the Guide to Configuring and Building Qt Extended for
> information on how to build Qt from the included source.
> Alternatively, pass -build-qt to configure and it will build Qt for you
> (and then bootstrap QBuild from that).
> make: *** [src/build/mkconf/configure] Error 2
>
> I'm on Debian Squeeze x64, I installed qt4-qmake, libqt4-dev, qt4-dev-tools
> and all their dependecies.

The dependencies look ok to me. You can try passing -force-build-qt argument
to the configure script if that helps.

Regards

Radek