Re: LED blinking during suspend

Michael Trimarchi-3
Hi,

the android-kernel now has a lot of feature:

- frequency scaling
- FCSE from arm mailing list

The result is an incredible performance on Android

Hope to merge soon the drm and glamo mesa support

Michael

Re: LED blinking during suspend

Timo Juhani Lindfors
Michael Trimarchi <[hidden email]> writes:
> - frequency scaling

And GSM works with frequency scaling now? Sounds very useful
indeed. Are these patches available separately and do they apply to
andy-tracking?

-Timo

Re: LED blinking during suspend

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer-2
Am Donnerstag, den 17.12.2009, 23:06 +0100 schrieb Michael Trimarchi:
> the android-kernel now has a lot of feature:
>
> - frequency scaling
> - FCSE from arm mailing list
>
> The result is an incredible performance on Android

Congrats... anything in for us GNU/Linux weenies as well?

Cheers,

--
:M:

Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:

> Michael Trimarchi <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> - frequency scaling
>>

> And GSM works with frequency scaling now? Sounds very useful
> indeed. Are these patches available separately and do they apply to
> andy-tracking?
>

> -Timo

I have just send the email against andy-tracking. Need more testing but
It can be applied

Michael

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, den 17.12.2009, 23:06 +0100 schrieb Michael Trimarchi:
>
>> the android-kernel now has a lot of feature:
>>
>> - frequency scaling
>> - FCSE from arm mailing list
>>
>> The result is an incredible performance on Android
>>

> Congrats... anything in for us GNU/Linux weenies as well?

We can use them in any distribuition. BTW, I'm going to move on the
linux-2.6.3x kernel,
so this feauture are pushed only on android-freerunner repository and
there is nothing
special or new code in that patches, but some backport and some test of
FCSE.

Michael
> Cheers,

Re: LED blinking during suspend

Mark Brown-3
On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 11:55:53PM +0100, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 17.12.2009, 23:06 +0100 schrieb Michael Trimarchi:
> > the android-kernel now has a lot of feature:

> > - frequency scaling
> > - FCSE from arm mailing list

> > The result is an incredible performance on Android

> Congrats... anything in for us GNU/Linux weenies as well?

The S3C24xx CPU frequency scaling support is in mainline now.

Re: LED blinking during suspend

Patryk Benderz
Dnia 2009-12-17, czw o godzinie 23:06 +0100, Michael Trimarchi pisze:
> Hi,
>
> the android-kernel now has a lot of feature:
>
> - frequency scaling
> - FCSE from arm mailing list
Hi Michael,
I wanted to take a look on how FCSE feels. I have downloaded
http://android-on-freerunner.googlecode.com/files/android-on-freerunner-cupcake-week-2009-51.tar.gz and used Koolu (A) automatic instalation procedure from here: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Android_on_Freerunner but that has failed. After that I wanted to make procedure "(B) Flashing with the Michael Trimarchi's Images", so I was looking for .jffs files on your(?) webpage: http://panicking.kicks-ass.org/download/ but i do not see any file which has "fcse" in it's name.
        Can you give me any hint on how to test fast context switch extension?

P.S.For all interested, here is nice white paper, not so fresh, but gave
me nice overview on how FCSE works on some old ARMv5:
http://lwn.net/images/conf/rtlws11/papers/proc/p01.pdf

--
Patryk "LeadMan" Benderz
Linux Registered User #377521

Email secured by Check Point

Patryk Benderz wrote:

> Dnia 2009-12-17, czw o godzinie 23:06 +0100, Michael Trimarchi pisze:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> the android-kernel now has a lot of feature:
>>
>> - frequency scaling
>> - FCSE from arm mailing list
>>
> Hi Michael,
> I wanted to take a look on how FCSE feels. I have downloaded
> http://android-on-freerunner.googlecode.com/files/android-on-freerunner-cupcake-week-2009-51.tar.gz and used Koolu (A) automatic instalation procedure from here: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Android_on_Freerunner but that has failed. After that I wanted to make procedure "(B) Flashing with the Michael Trimarchi's Images", so I was looking for .jffs files on your(?) webpage: http://panicking.kicks-ass.org/download/ but i do not see any file which has "fcse" in it's name.
> Can you give me any hint on how to test fast context switch extension?
>
> P.S.For all interested, here is nice white paper, not so fresh, but gave
> me nice overview on how FCSE works on some old ARMv5:
> http://lwn.net/images/conf/rtlws11/papers/proc/p01.pdf

I need to redo the image becasue I miss a patch tha add the vddram
regulator,
Michael

Patryk Benderz wrote:

> Dnia 2009-12-17, czw o godzinie 23:06 +0100, Michael Trimarchi pisze:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> the android-kernel now has a lot of feature:
>>
>> - frequency scaling
>> - FCSE from arm mailing list
>>
> Hi Michael,
> I wanted to take a look on how FCSE feels. I have downloaded
> http://android-on-freerunner.googlecode.com/files/android-on-freerunner-cupcake-week-2009-51.tar.gz and used Koolu (A) automatic instalation procedure from here: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Android_on_Freerunner but that has failed. After that I wanted to make procedure "(B) Flashing with the Michael Trimarchi's Images", so I was looking for .jffs files on your(?) webpage: http://panicking.kicks-ass.org/download/ but i do not see any file which has "fcse" in it's name.
> Can you give me any hint on how to test fast context switch extension?
>
> P.S.For all interested, here is nice white paper, not so fresh, but gave
> me nice overview on how FCSE works on some old ARMv5:
> http://lwn.net/images/conf/rtlws11/papers/proc/p01.pdf

I think that I can arrange a patch and change the calculation of the
frequnecy table to support 440 400 and 100Mhz speed,
and using the voltage to increase and decrease power to the cpu. They
give us an 10% more. I just have do a try at that frequency
and my A6 version is stable. The idea is to have min freq to 100 and max
to 440. Hope that I can use the 440 frequency with the
same voltage

Michael

Re: LED blinking during suspend

Patryk Benderz
[cut]
> I need to redo the image becasue I miss a patch tha add the vddram
> regulator,
Hi Michael,
did you manage to make this image of android with FSCE? I would like to
give it a try :)

http://gitorious.org/android-on-freerunner

Michael

Re: LED blinking during suspend

Patryk Benderz
[cut]
> http://gitorious.org/android-on-freerunner

Thanks. There are several freeruner platforms, any hint which one should
i use?