Re: [gta02-core] gta02-core prototypes: distribution and finances

Re: [gta02-core] gta02-core prototypes: distribution and finances

lollisoft
Hi,

just a question regarding the svn server:

I cannot access the repository but the server is alive (ping):

mac:gta02-core lothar$ cd ..
mac:Projects lothar$ rm -rf gta02-core/
mac:Projects lothar$ svn co http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/gta02-core/
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/trunk/gta02-core'
svn: PROPFIND of '/trunk/gta02-core': Could not resolve hostname
`svn.openmoko.org': Host not found (http://svn.openmoko.org)
mac:Projects lothar$

Also I had trouble reviewing the schematics on my Mac (missing
symbols) after my last svn update.
Is there another Mac user?

Am 29.08.2009 um 01:37 schrieb Werner Almesberger:

> ?lvaro Lopes wrote:
>> Unless we find some more sponsors. Can we ?
>
> If you have suitable contacts, please try. I know of some sponsors
> for this sort of projects, but they tend to move very little money.
>
> At the end of the day, I have to ask myself if, say, a few hundred
> USD would really make all that much of a difference, and if it would
> be worth spending several days on negotiations, writing "thank you"
> letters, and such, instead of working on technical issues.

Does the project have a paypal account to transfer money to (at sf
that is available)?

OpenMoko has sold about 10000 pieces. There may be 10000 users at
maximum.
If each would donate 2 € then the cost would 0 € per piece if it will
cost 1000 €

I would donate more than 2 € :-)

I can't pay for a prototype as my current financial situation, but I
will donate as I likely want to
see this project succeeding (not failing due to lack of money).

So why not issuing a call for donation into the comunity list. They
probably want to see this project
succeeding too :-)

>> I remember seeing a website they did SMT assembly for a single board
>> (by hand). Don't remember which...
>
> Hmm, with an 332FBGA ? These critters are messy even with proper
> equipment.

Is there a list of PCB and SMT companies, that are candidates?
I have at least one, but I don't know if it came into the list. And if
not, why.

Snip

Thanks

Lothar