Re: moving tasks from wiki to project page

roh

Re: moving tasks from wiki to project page

roh
Administrator
Bobby Martin wrote:
> Thank you so much!  I looked at them... I don't see any way to edit them.
> I'm not sure if I'm a trac admin.

but i am.. sorry for missing this thread for so long.. (i have a _huge_
mail backlog.

> On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 5:14 AM, Aleix Conchillo Flaqué <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
[...]
>> I have added all tasks from the wiki to the trac page. I could not
>> change the owner, I guess I need admin rights or something, may be
>> someone else can do that. After that, I think we could remove them
>> from the wiki and make a clearer reference to the trac.
>>
>> Aleix

i just added the trac users 'aleix', 'wurp' and 'Ainulindale' to the
community-devels group which has TICKET_MODIFY trac permissions.

regular 'authenticated' users only have TICKET_APPEND for some time now
for various reasons.

we will soon also modify the 'form to add new tickets' to show 'less
fields'.

this hopefully makes bugreports from 'users' more useful, and enables
real triaging.
everybody with TICKET_MODIFY should understand how fields are used.

for details, please take a look here
https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/wiki/TracPermissions and
https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/wiki/NewTicket

since i for sure forgot some people who know how to use our trac
properly and are developers, please come forward, nag me in irc or just
drop me a ticket in admin-trac  or a mail with the list of 'people who
develop (work on bugs) and which i missed'

kind regards

--

Joachim Steiger
Openmoko Central Services

Re: moving tasks from wiki to project page

Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 10:58, Joachim Steiger <[hidden email]> wrote:
[snip]

> since i for sure forgot some people who know how to use our trac
> properly and are developers, please come forward, nag me in irc or just
> drop me a ticket in admin-trac  or a mail with the list of 'people who
> develop (work on bugs) and which i missed'

Great. Thank you very much. I have started assigning tasks, as they
were in the wiki, and removing them from there.

Bobby, is there a way to disable the "Tasks" tab (Task manager) from
the project page (forge)? Just to avoid confusions.

Aleix

Re: moving tasks from wiki to project page

Bobby Martin
I'll look into disabling the Tasks tab.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 4:39 AM, Aleix Conchillo Flaqué <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 10:58, Joachim Steiger <[hidden email]> wrote:
[snip]

> since i for sure forgot some people who know how to use our trac
> properly and are developers, please come forward, nag me in irc or just
> drop me a ticket in admin-trac  or a mail with the list of 'people who
> develop (work on bugs) and which i missed'

Great. Thank you very much. I have started assigning tasks, as they
were in the wiki, and removing them from there.

Bobby, is there a way to disable the "Tasks" tab (Task manager) from
the project page (forge)? Just to avoid confusions.

Aleix

--
You must be the laziest man in the world!
No, but I could be if I applied myself.

roh

Bobby Martin wrote:
> I'll look into disabling the Tasks tab.

go to the admin-page of your project on projects, click on 'edit public
info' and remove the [x] from the list of active 'gforge' features for
everything you do not want to use.

if you use the wiki and trac for documentation/progress/bugs, you can
probably disable most of the features and leave e.g. 'mailing list' and
'news' activated

> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 4:39 AM, Aleix Conchillo Flaqué <[hidden email]
>> wrote:
[...]
>> Bobby, is there a way to disable the "Tasks" tab (Task manager) from
>> the project page (forge)? Just to avoid confusions.
>>
>> Aleix

kind regards

--

Joachim Steiger
Openmoko Central Services

Re: moving tasks from wiki to project page

Bobby Martin
Done, and I posted news on projects.om.org about how to find the project admin info.