Remaining symbols

Werner Almesberger
Folks, we're getting close to the end of the symbol-making phase
and much schematics-drawing fun awaits us beyond it. Here's what
we still need:

Q1501 Dual transistor with base resistor, not joined
Q1502 Single transistor (maybe we can use a stock part if the
        pin numbering fits)
SW1501 4 pin button
LED1501 Bi-color LED, common anode
CON1701 Battery connector
JK4401 Headset jack
REC4301 Speaker (stock part ?)
MIC4301 Microphone (stock part ?)
CON6001 LCM connector (with LCD-specific names)
CON7901 WLAN connector
U1 BT antenna
U2 BT module

For GPS we also need at least U7601, U7603, U7604, U7608, X7601.

For resistors and capacitors, we can just use stock parts. Diodes
need verifying.

Re: Remaining symbols

AlvieBoy
Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Folks, we're getting close to the end of the symbol-making phase
> and much schematics-drawing fun awaits us beyond it. Here's what
> we still need:
>
> Q1501 Dual transistor with base resistor, not joined

Done. Commit later. Not sure about similar products pinout, so I named it "emh4". If you have a better name tell me so I can commit with the new name.

> Q1502 Single transistor (maybe we can use a stock part if the
> pin numbering fits)

No. I created a NPN_BEC based on KiCad symbol. Will commit later.

> SW1501 4 pin button

Reused KiCad symbol too. Will name it "SW_PUSH_4".

> LED1501 Bi-color LED, common anode

Drawn, but have some doubts. How should I name it and should I depict the color (amber/blue), wavelength (short/long) on the individual led's (so we don't swap
them accidentally) or just do not put this info on the symbol.

Álvaro

Re: Remaining symbols

Dave Ball
Álvaro Lopes wrote:
> Werner Almesberger wrote:
>
>> Folks, we're getting close to the end of the symbol-making phase
>> and much schematics-drawing fun awaits us beyond it. Here's what
>> we still need:
>>

> <more symbols drawn by Alvaro>

Hi Álvaro

Looks like a lot for me to catch up on next week!  Great to see you and
Werner have made loads of progress :-)

Thanks for all your work.

Dave

Re: Remaining symbols

?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> Done. Commit later. Not sure about similar products pinout, so I named it
> "emh4". If you have a better name tell me so I can commit with the new name.

Page 1/3 of Digi-Key's search yields:

Panasonic XN0421x (discontinued and crazy pin numbering), XP0421x,
UP0421x (discontinued), Rohm EMH3, Diodes Inc. DDC1xxTU, ...

Hmm. There are a lot of qualifiers:

- dual NPN
- 6-pin package (implies that you don't have common emitter or such)
- only base resistor, no bias resistor
- E1B1C2E2B2C1 or C1B2E2C2B1E1 pin assignment (IMH and XN0621x are of
  the latter type)

dual_npn_6_base_ebc sounds a bit too complicated. Let's just call it
EMH4, and earmark it and its army of aliases for a future "dual NPN"
or "dual trans" category.

> > Q1502 Single transistor (maybe we can use a stock part if the
> > pin numbering fits)
>
> No. I created a NPN_BEC based on KiCad symbol. Will commit later.

Great !

> > SW1501 4 pin button
>
> Reused KiCad symbol too. Will name it "SW_PUSH_4".

Oh, if the symbol exists, we should use the original name and reference
KiCad's library, like we did with R_PACK4.

> > LED1501 Bi-color LED, common anode
[...]
> or just do not put this info on the symbol.

Wavelengths and all that are not normally part of the symbol, so I'd
leave this to matching pin number with data sheet. We can and should
add the color as a comment in the schematics, though.

Re: Remaining symbols

AlvieBoy
Werner Almesberger wrote:
> dual_npn_6_base_ebc sounds a bit too complicated. Let's just call it
> EMH4, and earmark it and its army of aliases for a future "dual NPN"
> or "dual trans" category.

Agreed.

>>> SW1501 4 pin button
>> Reused KiCad symbol too. Will name it "SW_PUSH_4".
>
> Oh, if the symbol exists, we should use the original name and reference
> KiCad's library, like we did with R_PACK4.

Original only have 2 pins :)

>>> LED1501 Bi-color LED, common anode
> [...]
>> or just do not put this info on the symbol.
>
> Wavelengths and all that are not normally part of the symbol, so I'd
> leave this to matching pin number with data sheet. We can and should
> add the color as a comment in the schematics, though.

Ok, will commit without that extra info. However I still have doubts about naming it.

Best,

Álvaro

Re: Remaining symbols

AlvieBoy
Dave Ball wrote:
> Hi Álvaro
>
> Looks like a lot for me to catch up on next week!  Great to see you and
> Werner have made loads of progress :-)
>
> Thanks for all your work.

You're quite welcome :) Let's see if we can finish this quick to move on to more interesting stuff :P

Álvaro

Re: Remaining symbols

Dave Ball wrote:
> Looks like a lot for me to catch up on next week!  Great to see you and
> Werner have made loads of progress :-)

It's good that you and Alvaro are working in shifts, or I would have
to do some of the reviews in my dreams :-)

By the way, this is a good time to join as a reviewer. Some components
still need their first review, and none have been reviewed by more than
one person:
http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/gta02-core/components/STATUS

Here are all symbols in one file:
http://people.openmoko.org/werner/gta02-core/gta02-core-expanded-all.ps.gz

Note that KiCad sometimes omitted pin numbers when printing (it's
actually the Plot function - Print generally has problems), so if
someone wants to look into this, that would be very welcome.

Re: Remaining symbols

?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> >> Reused KiCad symbol too. Will name it "SW_PUSH_4".
> >
> > Oh, if the symbol exists, we should use the original name and reference
> > KiCad's library, like we did with R_PACK4.
>
> Original only have 2 pins :)

Ah ! Different meaning of "reuse" then :-) I thought you meant a 1:1
copy - and wondered how I had overlooked the 4 pin button so far :)

> However I still have doubts about naming it.

Maybe HT210. There are other dual LEDs with three pins that have
different pin numbering, though I didn't find any with a common
anode.

The data sheet is here:
http://www.harvatek-intl.com/web/content/download.asp?fx=73

Re: Remaining symbols

I wrote:
> http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/gta02-core/components/STATUS

And let's not forget the data sheets. For most components,
the URLs are in this file:

http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/gta02-core/components/INFO

The notable exceptions as of now are the S3C2442B54 and the
vibrator (TA&MI P0408B-13-P2H). If anyone knows of a publicly
accessible place that has them, please send the URL or the
process to get there.

Re: Remaining symbols

H. Nikolaus Schaller

> This wiki page may also help for more information.
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/FreeRunnner_Parts
>
> Am 27.05.2009 um 17:43 schrieb Werner Almesberger:
>
>> I wrote:
>>> http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/gta02-core/components/STATUS
>>
>> And let's not forget the data sheets. For most components,
>> the URLs are in this file:
>>
>> http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/gta02-core/components/INFO
>>
>> The notable exceptions as of now are the S3C2442B54 and the
>> vibrator (TA&MI P0408B-13-P2H). If anyone knows of a publicly
>> accessible place that has them, please send the URL or the
>> process to get there.
>>
>> - Werner

Re: Remaining symbols

Dave Ball
Werner Almesberger wrote:

> I wrote:
>
>> http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/gta02-core/components/STATUS
>>

> And let's not forget the data sheets. For most components,
> the URLs are in this file:
>
> http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/gta02-core/components/INFO
>

> The notable exceptions as of now are the S3C2442B54 ...
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Samsung_S3C2442B_B54

has

http://www.opatnet.cz/elektronika/datasheet/U/um_s3c2442b_rev12.pdf

Which is what I was using.

Dave

Re: Remaining symbols

Dave Ball wrote:
> http://www.opatnet.cz/elektronika/datasheet/U/um_s3c2442b_rev12.pdf

Ah, there it is. Thanks !

I tried the link on http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_Hardware
but that file is no longer around.

I've added it to INFO. Will check later how much it differs from
the SC32442B54 data sheet.

Re: Remaining symbols

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/FreeRunnner_Parts

Oh, good, there's even a partial copy of the BOM, and it's
even a recent one.

By the way, I'm trying to get Openmoko to release the complete
GTA02v7 BOM, so that everybody can just use the authoritative
source and we don't have bits of information of varying age
scattered all over the place.