SIM card driver

Drasko DRASKOVIC
Hi all,
can anybody point be to the SIM card driver that OpenMoko uses ?

What is the SCI (Smart Card Interface) IP model and manufacturer ?

Best regards,
Drasko

Re: SIM card driver

Al Johnson
On Tuesday 08 June 2010, Drasko DRASKOVIC wrote:
> Hi all,
> can anybody point be to the SIM card driver that OpenMoko uses ?
>
> What is the SCI (Smart Card Interface) IP model and manufacturer ?

The SIM is attached to the TI Calypso GSM chipset, and accessed through
standard GSM SIM access commands as it would be with any other GSM modem.

Re: SIM card driver

Drasko DRASKOVIC
Very uncool :(.

I need to write a driver for ARM PrimeCell Smart Card Interface PL131
in order to init/read/write SIM card for 4G mobile device. Does
anybody knows where I can get hold of some implementation of (any) SIM
interface driver ?

Thanks and BR,
Drasko

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 11:52 PM, Al Johnson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tuesday 08 June 2010, Drasko DRASKOVIC wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> can anybody point be to the SIM card driver that OpenMoko uses ?
>>
>> What is the SCI (Smart Card Interface) IP model and manufacturer ?
>
> The SIM is attached to the TI Calypso GSM chipset, and accessed through
> standard GSM SIM access commands as it would be with any other GSM modem.

Re: SIM card driver

Wolfgang Draxinger-3
On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 00:04:07 +0200
Drasko DRASKOVIC <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Very uncool :(.
>
> I need to write a driver for ARM PrimeCell Smart Card Interface PL131
> in order to init/read/write SIM card for 4G mobile device. Does
> anybody knows where I can get hold of some implementation of (any) SIM
> interface driver ?
>
> Thanks and BR,
> Drasko

SIMs, like any other SmartCard communicate over an interface very
similar to I2C, with the notable difference, that the terminal always
is the "bus" master.

Building your very own SmartCard terminal is very easy. Or you just use
one of the ready to use ones (from Towitoko, Reiner SCT, etc.).

Also have a look in the Open Baseband project
http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/
Which b nature also must deal with SIM cards.

Wolfgang

Re: SIM card driver

Uwe Klein-3
I got myself a dongle type usb simcard reader quite some time ago.
And I got it working. ( and I lost how I went about it )

Maybe look into agsm http://sourceforge.net/projects/agsm/ ?

uwe