Telit GE865 update

Werner Almesberger
I have a quick update on the GE865 modem: it turned out that this
module will only become available in South America in a few weeks.

To make the necessary tests, I bought a few GE864-QUAD Automotive,
which are quite similar to the GE865. The main difference for us
is that they're bigger (30x30x2.8 mm instead of 22x22x3.0 mm).

I'll make a little evaluation board for the GE864. The files are
in http://svn.openmoko.org/developers/werner/gta02-core/ge864/

Re: Telit GE865 update

trimarchi
Hi,

Def. Quota Werner Almesberger <[hidden email]>:

> I have a quick update on the GE865 modem: it turned out that this
> module will only become available in South America in a few weeks.
>
> To make the necessary tests, I bought a few GE864-QUAD Automotive,
> which are quite similar to the GE865. The main difference for us
> is that they're bigger (30x30x2.8 mm instead of 22x22x3.0 mm).

I recently support the TELIT UC864 for Android, and I would like to know
if it is possible in the near feuture to help you on the new gta02-core
board (software stuff).

> I'll make a little evaluation board for the GE864. The files are
> in http://svn.openmoko.org/developers/werner/gta02-core/ge864/

Great

Michael

Re: Telit GE865 update

Werner Almesberger
[hidden email] wrote:
> I recently support the TELIT UC864 for Android,

Wow, did someone manage to squeeze it into a phone ? It's a nice
module, but incredibly big.

> and I would like to know
> if it is possible in the near feuture to help you on the new gta02-core
> board (software stuff).

There's never any shortage of work in gta02-core ;-) We still need
Qi and kernel support. While there are no new drivers, we have quite
a few GPIO changes, and the LCM and SD/MMC drivers need to be
switched to their 24xx counterparts.

If you want to work on this, that would be very welcome.

Re: Telit GE865 update

trimarchi
Hi,

Def. Quota Werner Almesberger <[hidden email]>:

> [hidden email] wrote:
>> I recently support the TELIT UC864 for Android,
>
> Wow, did someone manage to squeeze it into a phone ? It's a nice
> module, but incredibly big.

:) it's not a problem for me. Yes someone manage it.
I must test the gps part on virtual channel 3

>> and I would like to know
>> if it is possible in the near feuture to help you on the new gta02-core
>> board (software stuff).
>
> There's never any shortage of work in gta02-core ;-) We still need
> Qi and kernel support. While there are no new drivers, we have quite
> a few GPIO changes, and the LCM and SD/MMC drivers need to be
> switched to their 24xx counterparts.
>
> If you want to work on this, that would be very welcome.

Yes, I will be very happy to help the community on the new gta02-core
upcoming phone.

> - Werner

I'm sorry that I can't help on harware part :), but I follow the discussion
on the mailing list.

Michael

Re: Telit GE865 update

Werner Almesberger
[hidden email] wrote:
> :) it's not a problem for me. Yes someone manage it.

Whee ! Can you tell us what product that is ? Just curious.

> Yes, I will be very happy to help the community on the new gta02-core
> upcoming phone.

Thanks a lot !

> I'm sorry that I can't help on harware part :), but I follow the discussion
> on the mailing list.

Too bad that you can't help with the hardware. With Telit, you're
probably within a few hundred kilometers from the source ;-)

Re: Telit GE865 update

trimarchi
Hi,

Def. Quota Werner Almesberger <[hidden email]>:

> [hidden email] wrote:
>> :) it's not a problem for me. Yes someone manage it.
>
> Whee ! Can you tell us what product that is ? Just curious.

It's one of the combination of gizmo :) device FLOW. BTW

>> Yes, I will be very happy to help the community on the new gta02-core
>> upcoming phone.
>
> Thanks a lot !
>
>> I'm sorry that I can't help on harware part :), but I follow the discussion
>> on the mailing list.
>
> Too bad that you can't help with the hardware. With Telit, you're
> probably within a few hundred kilometers from the source ;-)

ok, I will try to read throw the schematics to help you and the
community or take a look to the support software.

> - Werner

Michael