Testing report 2009.03.05 (kernel test)

wendy-2-3
Hi,

this week we verified some kernel bugs, some had been closed, some we need
people's help to verify more. List as below:

[Closed tickets]
- Fixed -
#891: Don't power anything up if battery is critical and charger is inserted
#904: volume has poor range when headphones are plugged in.
#938: Excessive noise when making phone calls
#1640: [Audio] Improve overall audio experience in ASU
#1712: Phone will not boot if battery is fully discharged, even if it is
plugged in
#1723: Hanging up with power button causes issues
#1763: the qpe process vanished. (bootind 2008.8)
#2185: AUX button makes interrupt storm
#2231: interrupt not always generated when flowcontrolled=1 and modem wants to
talk

- Invalid -
#1417: ASU update suspend/resume fail
#1805: SD card corruption with 2008.8

- Won't fix -
#883: Audible GSM interference when making a call
#1352: Some noise via headset
#1713: neod consumes 8% cpu reading event3 (accelometer) constantly on gta02
#1986: AUX LED blicks too early at power on

[Still working on]
#991: PMU driver doesn't populate initial input device status
#1319: sysfs RTC class device missing wakealarm capability
#1336: screen shifted and duplicated after resume in landscape mode
#1493: when press power button makes some noise during suspend time.
#1744: Bluetooth don't power up after suspend
#1991: [Suspend] unable to suspend, just stay black screen after wake up by
power button from suspend
#2020: USB connection messes with suspend/resume state machine
#2096: [testing image]after flash new image can't ssh neo (need to reboot
twice)
#2178: usb0 configuration doesn't respect usb events

[Need more information to verify]
#2180: stable-tracking: 'rxserr' UART messages
#2209: alsactl restore wakes up X
#2235: Monochrome display on resume

We'll keep testing the kernel. Please notice us if you have any questions. :)

Regards,
Wendy

Re: Testing report 2009.03.05 (kernel test)

andy green-3

| [Still working on]
| #991: PMU driver doesn't populate initial input device status

Is this still desired behaviour?

| #1319: sysfs RTC class device missing wakealarm capability

Do we care since we can use the RTC alarm anyway?

| #1336: screen shifted and duplicated after resume in landscape mode

Fixed in andy-tracking I think.

| #1493: when press power button makes some noise during suspend time.

Mark Brown's patch in andy-tracking may impact.

| #1744: Bluetooth don't power up after suspend

Balaji has fixed it in andy-tracking.

| #1991: [Suspend] unable to suspend, just stay black screen after wake
up by
| power button from suspend

Dunno yet.

| #2020: USB connection messes with suspend/resume state machine

Dunno yet.

| #2096: [testing image]after flash new image can't ssh neo (need to reboot
| twice)

Dunno.

| #2178: usb0 configuration doesn't respect usb events

Dunno yet.

| [Need more information to verify]
| #2180: stable-tracking: 'rxserr' UART messages

I think we made everyone happy except the reporter on that one, in
andy-tracking anyway.

| #2209: alsactl restore wakes up X

I think the framebuffer blanking part is probably not any kernel bug,
but the fact it alsactl issues some ANSI-looking text to the console can be.

| #2235: Monochrome display on resume
|
| We'll keep testing the kernel. Please notice us if you have any
questions. :)

Now you started using stable branch against these problems, it becomes
clear that I haven't backported enough patches from andy-tracking yet.

The monochrome problem for example is meant to be impacted by a patch we
already have in andy-tracking.

But I think it's best you test stable branch like you are doing, I will
send over some more selected patches to stable in the next days.

- -Andy

Re: Testing report 2009.03.05 (kernel test)

wendy-2-3
Hi Andy,

thank you ANdy, that will be very kind. So you will notice us once you send
the patch to the stable?

Regards,
Wendy