USB product IDs for IDBG ?

Werner Almesberger
Hi Wolfgang,

we don't have a policy for assigning USB product IDs [1] and I
don't actually know who's in charge of this (the last few
assignments were made by Harald and me, but that was a long time
ago), so by default it would be yours to decide ;-)

My internal debug board [2] currently uses the dummy USB vendor
ID 0x1234, which isn't nice. I'd like to ask for permission to
use the Openmoko USB vendor ID and the following two product IDs
assigned:

0x1db5 "IDBG"-1, for DFU state
0x1db6 "IDBG", for normal operation

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_Product_IDs
[2] http://www.almesberger.net/misc/idbg/

Thanks for your consideration !

Re: USB product IDs for IDBG ?

Wolfgang Spraul
Werner,
just put yourself in charge :-)
We have 64k numbers available, no?
If it helps - 1db5 and 1db6 for your internal debug board looks good
to me.
Best Regards,
Wolfgang

On Jan 18, 2009, at 6:40 AM, Werner Almesberger wrote:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> we don't have a policy for assigning USB product IDs [1] and I
> don't actually know who's in charge of this (the last few
> assignments were made by Harald and me, but that was a long time
> ago), so by default it would be yours to decide ;-)
>
> My internal debug board [2] currently uses the dummy USB vendor
> ID 0x1234, which isn't nice. I'd like to ask for permission to
> use the Openmoko USB vendor ID and the following two product IDs
> assigned:
>
> 0x1db5 "IDBG"-1, for DFU state
> 0x1db6 "IDBG", for normal operation
>
> [1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_Product_IDs
> [2] http://www.almesberger.net/misc/idbg/
>
> Thanks for your consideration !
>
> - Werner

Re: USB product IDs for IDBG ?

Werner Almesberger
Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> We have 64k numbers available, no?

Yup, with 18 allocated at the moment.

> If it helps - 1db5 and 1db6 for your internal debug board looks good to
> me.

Thanks a lot ! I've updated the allocation in the wiki.