add contact

Jesus McCloud
using shr from april 14th.
a very good friend of mine called me, so i know her number. but it wasnt
that easy.
i am not talking about integration of pyPhonelog.
i wrote down the number. (i didn't try ctrl+c)
i went into Contacts.
i entered the name.
well and i got stuck, there is no way to enter the NUMBER field to add a
new contact. i tired clicking it, entering RETURN, entering TABULATOR...
but i still couldnt enter the number field toe add a new contact. the
only way to add her to my contactlist was to boot into om2008.12 (which
is as bad as inserting the sim into another phone)

i am too drunk right now to check the bugtracker. is this a known bug,
or should i file one (i think a log would not lead to anything, because
it is a UI issue)
br
a drunk jmc

Re: add contact

William Kenworthy
Tap the field a few times until it gets focus.  Its worse if the cpu
load is up - you are running the enlightenment fix (copy a desktop file
in/out to settle enlightenment down?)

BillK

On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 02:28 +0200, Jesus McCloud wrote:

> using shr from april 14th.
> a very good friend of mine called me, so i know her number. but it wasnt
> that easy.
> i am not talking about integration of pyPhonelog.
> i wrote down the number. (i didn't try ctrl+c)
> i went into Contacts.
> i entered the name.
> well and i got stuck, there is no way to enter the NUMBER field to add a
> new contact. i tired clicking it, entering RETURN, entering TABULATOR...
> but i still couldnt enter the number field toe add a new contact. the
> only way to add her to my contactlist was to boot into om2008.12 (which
> is as bad as inserting the sim into another phone)
>
> i am too drunk right now to check the bugtracker. is this a known bug,
> or should i file one (i think a log would not lead to anything, because
> it is a UI issue)
> br
> a drunk jmc

William Kenworthy <[hidden email]>
Home in Perth!

Re: add contact

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
Enlightenment load is fixed. And editing contacts... It works for me,
when I tap on top of field.

2009/4/18, William Kenworthy <[hidden email]>:

> Tap the field a few times until it gets focus.  Its worse if the cpu
> load is up - you are running the enlightenment fix (copy a desktop file
> in/out to settle enlightenment down?)
>
> BillK
>
> On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 02:28 +0200, Jesus McCloud wrote:
>> using shr from april 14th.
>> a very good friend of mine called me, so i know her number. but it wasnt
>> that easy.
>> i am not talking about integration of pyPhonelog.
>> i wrote down the number. (i didn't try ctrl+c)
>> i went into Contacts.
>> i entered the name.
>> well and i got stuck, there is no way to enter the NUMBER field to add a
>> new contact. i tired clicking it, entering RETURN, entering TABULATOR...
>> but i still couldnt enter the number field toe add a new contact. the
>> only way to add her to my contactlist was to boot into om2008.12 (which
>> is as bad as inserting the sim into another phone)
>>
>> i am too drunk right now to check the bugtracker. is this a known bug,
>> or should i file one (i think a log would not lead to anything, because
>> it is a UI issue)
>> br
>> a drunk jmc

> William Kenworthy <[hidden email]>
> Home in Perth!

Re: add contact

Jesus McCloud
Johny Tenfinger schrieb:

> Enlightenment load is fixed. And editing contacts... It works for me,
> when I tap on top of field.
>
> 2009/4/18, William Kenworthy <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Tap the field a few times until it gets focus.  Its worse if the cpu
>> load is up - you are running the enlightenment fix (copy a desktop file
>> in/out to settle enlightenment down?)
>>
>> BillK
>>
>> On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 02:28 +0200, Jesus McCloud wrote:
>>
>>> using shr from april 14th.
>>> a very good friend of mine called me, so i know her number. but it wasnt
>>> that easy.
>>> i am not talking about integration of pyPhonelog.
>>> i wrote down the number. (i didn't try ctrl+c)
>>> i went into Contacts.
>>> i entered the name.
>>> well and i got stuck, there is no way to enter the NUMBER field to add a
>>> new contact. i tired clicking it, entering RETURN, entering TABULATOR...
>>> but i still couldnt enter the number field toe add a new contact. the
>>> only way to add her to my contactlist was to boot into om2008.12 (which
>>> is as bad as inserting the sim into another phone)
>>>
>>> i am too drunk right now to check the bugtracker. is this a known bug,
>>> or should i file one (i think a log would not lead to anything, because
>>> it is a UI issue)
>>> br
>>> a drunk jmc

i edited my feeds to testing.
did update & upgrade
now it works (maybe it wasn't the latest unstable or i don't know)
what is a bi confusing though is that when you try to add anew contact /
edit an existing one the cursor (thet nice looking dark gray dot)
remains in the edit name field and another one pops up at the edit
number field after clicking.

another suggestion: could the close button in the dialer be replaced
with a [calls] button that opens the phonelog?

br