latest Openmoko/GTA04 tinkering: wireless charger

latest Openmoko/GTA04 tinkering: wireless charger

H. Nikolaus Schaller
Hi,
I spent some time to develop a Qi charger for the GTA01/02/04 devices
and here its is:

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsSdDYHx7d4

Enjoy and happy new year,
Nikolaus

Re: [Tinkerphones] latest Openmoko/GTA04 tinkering: wireless charger

Boudewijn

On zaterdag 31 december 2016 17:30:57 CET H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> I spent some time to develop a Qi charger for the GTA01/02/04 devices

> and here its is:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsSdDYHx7d4

Thank you for making the video, it is always nice to see the lights blink :-)

> Enjoy and happy new year,

Happy new year everyone!

Boudewijn

Re: latest Openmoko/GTA04 tinkering: wireless charger

Sebastian Reinhardt
Am 31.12.2016 um 17:30 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller:

> Hi,
> I spent some time to develop a Qi charger for the GTA01/02/04 devices
> and here its is:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsSdDYHx7d4
>
> Enjoy and happy new year,
> Nikolaus

Cool! This is an cool feature most other phones did not offer!

But I prefer an "internal" solution to preserve the USB-port. Is it
possible to use this pcb to insert it to the place there the additional
sensor-/ navigation- board was installed in GTA02- version?

Then we can connect it with the RS232- pins, as You proposed before? The
only problem left is, we need a solution for the antenna/ coil. Maybe we
can use an little bit thicker back-/ battery-cover made by an 3D-printer
(like an modified cover based on "slyon's")?

Go on!

My wishes for 2017:

- lets make QtMoKo working complete with exiting hardware (incl. camera,
bluetooth,....) and Debian packages

- maybe an Replicant with complete support

- 2018: GTA06 (complete new hardware, to get rid of limitations like
obsolete hardware......) with sunlight-readable display, new LTE/GSM-hw,
Qi-receiver, ......

Happy new year for all "Moko"'er's

--
Kind regards

Sebastian Reinhardt

Re: latest Openmoko/GTA04 tinkering: wireless charger

Neil Jerram-4
That is awesome!