mini usb connections

jerjozwik
hello list, while investigating my SD card issue i discovered that the
R75707 resistor is missing [broken off]

in an attempt to assess the situation i started to remove the LCD
component to see the resistors connection on the opposite side of the
board.
while doing this i managed to snap off the mini usb connection.

the crack looks very clean, im wondering if these were simply glued on
somehow...   you know... with conductive glue....  ?
anyhow is there anyone that can help me fix all this crap or should i
just go an jump ship at this point?

Re: mini usb connections

Al Johnson
On Wednesday 13 October 2010, jeremy jozwik wrote:

> hello list, while investigating my SD card issue i discovered that the
> R75707 resistor is missing [broken off]
>
> in an attempt to assess the situation i started to remove the LCD
> component to see the resistors connection on the opposite side of the
> board.
> while doing this i managed to snap off the mini usb connection.
>
> the crack looks very clean, im wondering if these were simply glued on
> somehow...   you know... with conductive glue....  ?

Hmm...depends on where it broke. If it left the pads on the board you're in
luck, but it's trickier if you ripped the pads off the board. A photo might
help if you can get a good clear one.

> anyhow is there anyone that can help me fix all this crap or should i
> just go an jump ship at this point?

Given the questions you're asking it may be beyond your current abilities to
fix yourself. If you can find a good local phone repair place they might be
able to fix it for you. Having the schematics and component layout will
certainly help them!

Re: mini usb connections

jerjozwik
On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Al Johnson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hmm...depends on where it broke. If it left the pads on the board you're in
> luck, but it's trickier if you ripped the pads off the board. A photo might
> help if you can get a good clear one.
>
>> anyhow is there anyone that can help me fix all this crap or should i
>> just go an jump ship at this point?
>
> Given the questions you're asking it may be beyond your current abilities to
> fix yourself. If you can find a good local phone repair place they might be
> able to fix it for you. Having the schematics and component layout will
> certainly help them!

im willing to take this on, just worried about getting excess on the
other connections.   everything that broke left pads still on the PCB
board. including the resistor.
and if it comes down to taking it to a shop, i dont think ill be going
that far. the screen is dinged and with all these other problems it
might be time to move on.

though if i can fix it i would like to.

Re: mini usb connections

Joerg Reisenweber
[jeremy jozwik Mi  13. Oktober 2010]:
> hello list, while investigating my SD card issue i discovered that the
> R75707 resistor is missing [broken off]

Without looking at schematics I think we got no 5-digit resistor labels on
GTA02.
For sure we got no thru-hole resistors, just SMT.

The mini-USB is soldered like everything else, of the pads are OK it should be
relatively simple (with the proper tools and auxiliaries) to resolder it

good luck
/j

Re: mini usb connections

jerjozwik
On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Joerg Reisenweber <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Without looking at schematics I think we got no 5-digit resistor labels on
> GTA02.
> For sure we got no thru-hole resistors, just SMT.
>
> The mini-USB is soldered like everything else, of the pads are OK it should be
> relatively simple (with the proper tools and auxiliaries) to resolder it

i feel pritty good about being able to take this on, all i need are a pair of

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f8/Soldering_a_0805.jpg

and to know what class resistor i should be picking up

Re: mini usb connections

Al Johnson
On Wednesday 13 October 2010, Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> [jeremy jozwik Mi  13. Oktober 2010]:
> > hello list, while investigating my SD card issue i discovered that the
> > R75707 resistor is missing [broken off]
>
> Without looking at schematics I think we got no 5-digit resistor labels on
> GTA02.
> For sure we got no thru-hole resistors, just SMT.

It's a typo for R7507 which I think it is based on the photo posted in the
community list:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/godblessbotox/5077562664/