more missing symbols!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

more missing symbols!

Rene Harder
Hi folks,

I just looked through the schematics and found more missing components,
most of them are minor parts and GPS or WLAN related.

U7606        RF Switch for internal/external GPS antenna
                   (if we get rid of the external antenna connector, I
think we
                   don't need this switch anymore)
U7605        Current monitor for external  GPS antenna
U7608        GPS chipset
CON7601   Connector internal GPS Antenna module
CON7602   Connector external GPS Antenna
U7801        WLAN Module
U4401        Logic Level Translator
CON7801   WLAN antenna connector/switch
U7802        Filter 2.4GHz
U4101        audio power amplifier



Rene




_______________________________________________
Gta03 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openmoko.org/mailman/listinfo/gta03
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: more missing symbols!

Werner Almesberger
Rene Harder wrote:
> U7606        RF Switch for internal/external GPS antenna
>                    (if we get rid of the external antenna connector, I
> think we
>                    don't need this switch anymore)
> U7605        Current monitor for external  GPS antenna

Yup, they both disappear if we remove the external antenna.
The GPS circuit should get a lot simpler - we also don't need
the antenna power switch anymore.

> U7608        GPS chipset

Right !

> CON7601   Connector internal GPS Antenna module

Yup. I haven't looked, but there probably isn't one with two ground
contacts in the KiCad libraries.

> CON7602   Connector external GPS Antenna

> U7801        WLAN Module
> U4401        Logic Level Translator
> CON7801   WLAN antenna connector/switch
> U7802        Filter 2.4GHz

We'll may receive the whole WLAN module pre-assembled, so I don't
think we need symbols for its components right now. But we'll have
to revisit this question once more details are known.

> U4101        audio power amplifier

This one gets removed. The codec already contains one, we just have
to use it :-)

Thanks,
- Werner

_______________________________________________
Gta03 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openmoko.org/mailman/listinfo/gta03
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: more missing symbols!

Rene Harder
Werner Almesberger wrote:

> Rene Harder wrote:
>  
>> U7606        RF Switch for internal/external GPS antenna
>>                    (if we get rid of the external antenna connector, I
>> think we
>>                    don't need this switch anymore)
>> U7605        Current monitor for external  GPS antenna
>>    
>
> Yup, they both disappear if we remove the external antenna.
> The GPS circuit should get a lot simpler - we also don't need
> the antenna power switch anymore.
>
>  

Well, that saves us a lot of work, and even more in the PCB layout.

>> U7608        GPS chipset
>>    
>
> Right !
>
>  
>> CON7601   Connector internal GPS Antenna module
>>    
>
> Yup. I haven't looked, but there probably isn't one with two ground
> contacts in the KiCad libraries.
>
>  
>> CON7602   Connector external GPS Antenna
>>    
>
>  
>> U7801        WLAN Module
>> U4401        Logic Level Translator
>> CON7801   WLAN antenna connector/switch
>> U7802        Filter 2.4GHz
>>    
>
> We'll may receive the whole WLAN module pre-assembled, so I don't
> think we need symbols for its components right now. But we'll have
> to revisit this question once more details are known.
>  

That would be perfect. With a pre-assembled module we don't have to
worry about the antenna nor the 2.4GHz filter ( I couldn't find any
information about the filter, not even a hint).

>  
>> U4101        audio power amplifier
>>    
>
> This one gets removed. The codec already contains one, we just have
> to use it :-)
>  

Well, that mean it is only the GPS chipset and the connector for the
internal antenna left.

> Thanks,
> - Werner
>
>  


_______________________________________________
Gta03 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openmoko.org/mailman/listinfo/gta03
Loading...