(no subject)

sushama
Hi Mirko/Angus,

I flashed the paroli image today and it worked fine but when I try to do an Opkg
update the phone goes into suspend .This interrupts the opkg I guess.

Is there any way we can turn this off for the meanwhile until we have a
settings option in paroli to turn ON/OFF the suspend or can we have the
settings itself soon enough to continue with the opkg update/upgrades?.Any
thoughts regarding this?

Regards,
Sushama

paroli suspend

Angus Ainslie-2
On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 12:15 +0800, sushama wrote:

> Hi Mirko/Angus,
>
> I flashed the paroli image today and it worked fine but when I try to do an Opkg
> update the phone goes into suspend .This interrupts the opkg I guess.
>
> Is there any way we can turn this off for the meanwhile until we have a
> settings option in paroli to turn ON/OFF the suspend or can we have the
> settings itself soon enough to continue with the opkg update/upgrades?.Any
> thoughts regarding this?
>
> Regards,
> Sushama

Hi Sushama,

Did you flash the fso-paroli-image or flash the fso-image and then
install paroli ?

If the phone is plugged into a power source it shouldn't suspend. That
change may not hit the image until tomorrow.

Angus

Re: paroli suspend

sushama

On Tuesday 24 February 2009 12:30:37 Angus Ainslie wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 12:15 +0800, sushama wrote:
> > Hi Mirko/Angus,
> >
> > I flashed the paroli image today and it worked fine but when I try to do
> > an Opkg update the phone goes into suspend .This interrupts the opkg I
> > guess.
> >
> > Is there any way we can turn this off for the meanwhile until we have a
> > settings option in paroli to turn ON/OFF the suspend or can we have the
> > settings itself soon enough to continue with the opkg
> > update/upgrades?.Any thoughts regarding this?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Sushama

> Hi Sushama,
>
> Did you flash the fso-paroli-image or flash the fso-image and then
> install paroli ?
>
> If the phone is plugged into a power source it shouldn't suspend. That
> change may not hit the image until tomorrow.
>
> Angus

I flashed fso-paroli-image  and tried to do an opkg update/install paroli

Regards,
Sushama

Re: paroli suspend

Guillaume Chereau
I have some similar problems.
Is there a way to totally disable suspend ?

Regards,
guillaume

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 21:30 -0700, Angus Ainslie wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 12:15 +0800, sushama wrote:
> > Hi Mirko/Angus,
> >
> > I flashed the paroli image today and it worked fine but when I try to do an Opkg
> > update the phone goes into suspend .This interrupts the opkg I guess.
> >
> > Is there any way we can turn this off for the meanwhile until we have a
> > settings option in paroli to turn ON/OFF the suspend or can we have the
> > settings itself soon enough to continue with the opkg update/upgrades?.Any
> > thoughts regarding this?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Sushama

> Hi Sushama,
>
> Did you flash the fso-paroli-image or flash the fso-image and then
> install paroli ?
>
> If the phone is plugged into a power source it shouldn't suspend. That
> change may not hit the image until tomorrow.
>
> Angus

Re: paroli suspend

Angus Ainslie-2
On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 14:38 +0800, Guillaume Chereau wrote:

> I have some similar problems.
> Is there a way to totally disable suspend ?
>
> Regards,
> guillaume
>
> On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 21:30 -0700, Angus Ainslie wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 12:15 +0800, sushama wrote:
> > > Hi Mirko/Angus,
> > >
> > > I flashed the paroli image today and it worked fine but when I try to do an Opkg
> > > update the phone goes into suspend .This interrupts the opkg I guess.
> > >
> > > Is there any way we can turn this off for the meanwhile until we have a
> > > settings option in paroli to turn ON/OFF the suspend or can we have the
> > > settings itself soon enough to continue with the opkg update/upgrades?.Any
> > > thoughts regarding this?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Sushama

> > Hi Sushama,
> >
> > Did you flash the fso-paroli-image or flash the fso-image and then
> > install paroli ?
> >
> > If the phone is plugged into a power source it shouldn't suspend. That
> > change may not hit the image until tomorrow.
> >
> > Angus

Hi All

The new image should fix that on the second boot. It will now stay out
of suspend if plugged in.

By editing /etc/framework.conf you could set large numbers for suspend
and dim. Or by copying /etc/freesmartphone/oevents/old_rules.yaml
to /etc/freesmartphone/oevents/rules.yaml you will get the FSO default
behaviour of not suspending.

Angus

Re: paroli suspend

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
Just a gentle reminder:

Once you have an autosuspend rule in yaml, you should always use the CPU
resource to control autosuspend.

If you want to prevent autosuspend for a short while, request the CPU
accordingly. If you -- for whatever reason, user preferences or what not
-- want to disable autosuspend, do _not_ remove the rule, but rather set
the resource policy for CPU to 'Enabled'.

Cheers,

Mickey.