rootwait vs rootdelay

Riccardo Magliocchetti
Hello,

i have found this old mail from Luca Capello to this list about using
rootwait instead of rootdelay=5:

http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/openmoko-kernel/2009/7/19/6229023

I've done that in my fr with u-boot and it is working fine and saving 4s
at boot. Have you tried that? Can we make this default? it isn't in
Debian at least.

thanks,
riccardo

Re: rootwait vs rootdelay

Radek Polak
Riccardo Magliocchetti wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i have found this old mail from Luca Capello to this list about using
> rootwait instead of rootdelay=5:
>
> http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/openmoko-kernel/2009/7/19/6229023
>
> I've done that in my fr with u-boot and it is working fine and saving 4s
> at boot. Have you tried that? Can we make this default? it isn't in
> Debian at least.

Quick tested it with 2.6.34 kernel and it works. I will make it default for
next experimental qtmoko release.

Regards

Radek

Re: rootwait vs rootdelay

Riccardo Magliocchetti
Il 28/08/2010 21:16, Radek Polak ha scritto:

> Riccardo Magliocchetti wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> i have found this old mail from Luca Capello to this list about using
>> rootwait instead of rootdelay=5:
>>
>> http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/openmoko-kernel/2009/7/19/6229023
>>
>> I've done that in my fr with u-boot and it is working fine and saving 4s
>> at boot. Have you tried that? Can we make this default? it isn't in
>> Debian at least.
>
> Quick tested it with 2.6.34 kernel and it works. I will make it default for
> next experimental qtmoko release.

Thanks for testing Radek.

riccardo