Quantcast

[shr-u] Furthermore problems with USB-networking

[shr-u] Furthermore problems with USB-networking

sferic
Hello List,

The network connection via usb still gives me problems. After the installation of shr unstable on sd card, it was even possible for me to connect to internet on my pc (ubuntu 10:04) once and carry out an upgrade. My freerunner has connected (and ist stillconnecting) to the PC via usb0 (Unlike my previous installation (see here http://openmoko-public-mailinglists.1958.n2.nabble.com/SHR-U-Missing-UsbHost-tp5247792p5247792.html), which was connected via eth8 (and is broken after a failed upgrade on wifi).)

I suspect that something was installed through the upgrade on my freerunner, which prevents internet access. But how can I find out?

/usr/lib/opkg/info/ contains a large number of installation logs. Which of them might have something to do with my problem, can not recognize myself. If it helps, I can post a table of contents from the directory. But perhaps the problem is already known and someone can give me a hint? For this ever thank you
Sferic

Re: [shr-u] Furthermore problems with USB-networking

sferic
BTW, my Freerunner running on SHR-U is now eth again (eth4)?!?

Sferic

Re: [shr-u] Furthermore problems with USB-networking

Martin Jansa
On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 02:13:35AM -0700, sferic wrote:

> BTW, my Freerunner running on SHR-U is now eth again (eth4)?!?

that's because g_ether is included in kernel not as module

see what /etc/init.d/g_ether.sh does with g_ether module params and
update your kernel params

--
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: [hidden email]