would like to volunteer

Jeremy McNaughton
Hi,

Since I got my phone I've wanted to help in some way, but I'm still
just learning as a programmer and I don't have a lot of time or
resources to do any sort of regular testing.

But I'm a pretty good writer, and I'd like to try and help the
Openmoko project have excellent documentation.

Starting out I could use some guidance.  I have an account on the
wiki, should I get one on docs.openmoko.org?  And if someone could
point me towards a documentation to do list or assign me some tasks
that would be great.

I don't have a lot of time but I'll do what I can.

Jeremy

Re: would like to volunteer

William Lai-4
Hi Jeremy,

Jeremy McNaughton wrote:

> Since I got my phone I've wanted to help in some way, but I'm still
> just learning as a programmer and I don't have a lot of time or
> resources to do any sort of regular testing.
>
> But I'm a pretty good writer, and I'd like to try and help the
> Openmoko project have excellent documentation.
>
> Starting out I could use some guidance.

There are a few things going on at the moment:

* Wiki maintainence
   updating links, deleting, translations, etc

* Community Updates
   provided every week by Brenda Wang

* FreeRunner Manual on FLOSS Manuals
   maintained by Brenda Wang and myself

> I have an account on the
> wiki, should I get one on docs.openmoko.org?  And if someone could
> point me towards a documentation to do list or assign me some tasks
> that would be great.

docs. is more for testing and bug reporting.  Don't know why we still
use the name BTW.. Definitely confusing.

Since is looks like you are a native speaker, would you be interested in
looking through FLOSS manuals for grammar and efficient writing?  Here's
what we have so far:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/NeoFreeRunner

and here's an introduction on FLOSS manuals:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/FLOSSManuals/Introduction

It's mostly content migrated from the wiki, but we would like to tone
down the amount of text and eventually add sections for developers in
the future.

> I don't have a lot of time but I'll do what I can.

A helping hand is always welcome :)

Regards,

Will